Nat King Cole vs Frank Sinatra

Okay so originally this was just about Nat King Cole vs Frank Sinatra but then it got chaotic with me adding everything ever so now I've simplified it and still kept the artist other have formatted for me. You can vote for everything if you'd like

Nat King Cole: L-O-V-E

Frank Sinatra: Blue Moon

Duke Ellington: It Don't Mean A Thing

Benny Goodman: Sing Sing Sing

Louis Armstrong: Ochi Chernye (Dark Eyes)

Anita O'Day: Taking A Chance An Love

Ella Fitzgerald: Summertime

Talk about "Something New". Nikki Yanofsky. Huh, I can't seem to think of recent jazz, blues, swing artists besides The Black Keys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG3Urgpd6-g

Speaking of which, The Black Keys. More blues rock, but whatever.

Quincy Jones?

Not exactly jazz or swing, but Doctor Ross is cool.

Martha Tilton?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXxUHTtbeMg

Cab Calloway? 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-kJqM7he9o

The Blues Brothers? I know, blues is in there name, but whatever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnaSRhMB_qo

And we cannot forget Muddy Waters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5IOou6qN1o

Edited by Laforet

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Why can't I choose both?  :(

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Why can't I choose both?  :(

There can only be one. :P

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

Cole FTW

Sinatra is ok

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

There can only be one. :P

Fine! I choose a third option: Anita O'Day - I don't even know who this is.  :lol:

But she sure has a purty voice.  :wub:

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Fine! I choose a third option: Anita O'Day - I don't even know who this is.  :lol:

But she sure has a purty voice.  :wub:

*snip*

Wow, I like her. Do you want me to add her and make it multiple choice?

EDIT: Screw it I added more and made it multiple choice.

Edited by Laforet

I don't think it is right to compare the two, nor is is it right to pick between the two. As a music enthusiast, I find the question impossible to answer.  :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I don't think it is right to compare the two, nor is is it right to pick between the two. As a music enthusiast, I find the question impossible to answer.  :(

Exactly, I couldn't pick either. But I modified it so that you can pick as many as you want and I added some more options.

This forum post is simply... "unforgettable".

Nah mate, those two are like strangers in the night.

How can you choose between two greats like that?  It's like choosing the between old Jamaican and rum and raisin chocolate, either way what you get is smooth and delicious.

P.S I voted for Nat King Cole because I believe that if he had of been white we would all be saying "frank who?"

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Wow, I like her. Do you want me to add her and make it multiple choice?

Sure, why not. Add Ella Fitzgerald and Louie Armstrong, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38DkTR9h0o8

Sure, why not. Add Ella Fitzgerald and Louie Armstrong, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38DkTR9h0o8

Done. Man I love Louis. This is gonna be a huge post when I'm done.

George Benson, Charlie Parker, Charlie Christian, Wes Montgomery, Larry Carlton, John McLaughlin, Django Reinhardt

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

BING CROSBY!!

Hail Sithis!

George Benson, Charlie Parker, Charlie Christian, Wes Montgomery, Larry Carlton, John McLaughlin, Django Reinhardt

Okay, well I'm kinda busy at the moment if you could make it easy for me to integrate into the post I'll gladly do it. 

Talk about "Something New". Nikki Yanofsky. Huh, I can't seem to think of recent jazz, blues, swing artists besides The Black Keys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG3Urgpd6-g

Speaking of which, The Black Keys. More blues rock, but whatever.

Quincy Jones?

Not exactly jazz or swing, but Doctor Ross is cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2BDVjoq1nw

Martha Tilton?

Cab Calloway? 

The Blues Brothers? I know, blues is in there name, but whatever.

And we cannot forget Muddy Waters.

Exactly, I couldn't pick either. But I modified it so that you can pick as many as you want and I added some more options.

John Coltrane and Miles Davis? Or maybe just an option titled "OTHER" or "ALL"? :D

P.S I voted for Nat King Cole because I believe that if he had of been white we would all be saying "frank who?"

...now picking between musicians and music can't be had without the race card being thrown in  icon_facepalm.gif

So wait, you voted for him because he's black? You voted for the wrong reason! Obviously you aren't a fan of his or a fan of music. Frank Sinatra was an incredible talent, and so was Cole. Both have their strengths and both have their weaknesses. Comparing the two is incredibly stupid.

You do realize that Cole had white fans, and still do this day have white fans, right? And that he had many white friends, like Mel Tormé and Peggy Lee?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

*snip*

We are gonna have the largest post in the world. You realize I"m just gonna keep adding the same questions and using the 20 options right. :P

We are gonna have the largest post in the world. You realize I"m just gonna keep adding the same questions and using the 20 options right. :P

The least you could do was quote me, but snip the videos to reduce the strain on everyone's PCs.  ;)

The least you could do was quote me, but snip the videos to reduce the strain on everyone's PCs.  ;)

Ops, I thought I did. Anyways I'll add your list and Beebskadoo, that is if he gives me videos like you did, but that's gonna be it.

John Coltrane and Miles Davis? Or maybe just an option titled "OTHER" or "ALL"? :D

...now picking between musicians and music can't be had without the race card being thrown in  icon_facepalm.gif

So wait, you voted for him because he's black? You voted for the wrong reason! Obviously you aren't a fan of his or a fan of music. Frank Sinatra was an incredible talent, and so was Cole. Both have their strengths and both have their weaknesses. Comparing the two is incredibly stupid.

You do realize that Cole had white fans, and still do this day have white fans, right? And that he had many white friends, like Mel Tormé and Peggy Lee?

Really?   A history lesson for you:  back in the 30's and 40's and in fact even as recently as the 60's and 70's, large parts of the music industry in America where separated into blacks and whites They did this because a considerable portion of people would not buy or listen to music if the artist was black.   Famous artists like little richard had their music stolen from them and reproduced by white bands to play on white radio stations because the record label knew there was a market that they could not reach simply because little richard was black.  If you don't believe me watch the movie it's not exactly what happened but the premise is correct and the overall racism of the times is portrayed very well.

As far as Nat King cole goes, if you had read my post, you'd know that I think him and Sinatra are equally as good.  But if you add to Nat king cole's career all the lost sales and promotions that would have occurred had he been white and I believe Sinatra may have been somewhat overlooked.    

It is not the race card, I did not vote for him because he was black, I voted for him because I believe he was just as good as Sinatra but handicapped by the racism of the time.  And I would thank you to not put words in my mouth but that if you don't understand what I am trying to say then you ask instead.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You know we've put so many Youtube videos in the post that it started just displaying the links instead of the view port.

You know we've put so many Youtube videos in the post that it started just displaying the links instead of the view port.

I knew that would happen.  :lol:

I knew that would happen.  :lol:

I didn't know that was a thing. On a side note I'm glad posts here don't count. I'm starting to regret posting this.