Need Help Now

compnoob

Im trying to update my moms Computer i got her a new MB RAM CPU ect... but the HDD will not read and keep blue screening  The MB is an ASRock 760GM-GS3 running Win XP. The HDD runs fin on the Old MB. what am i doing wrong

Fan Junkie

Is the hard drive new? It could be an old, and not being able to read. Can you give me the specs of the hard drive?

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

What ram and cpu did you get? What kind of hdd is it?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What does the blue screen say? STOP 0000007B inaccessible Boot device by any chance?

There is a chance that your XP install is looking for and expecting to find the old controller the

other mainboard had and won't recognize the new one. But then again it depends on how old the

old machine really was.

It might just be fixable by switching the controller from AHCI to IDE in the BIOS/UEFI.

If that's not the error message, please write it down and post. :)

Im trying to update my moms Computer i got her a new MB RAM CPU ect... but the HDD will not read and keep blue screening  The MB is an ASRock 760GM-GS3 running Win XP. The HDD runs fin on the Old MB. what am i doing wrong

Please post in the "troubleshooting" forum next time when the topic is pertinent to the topic.  :)

It sounds like the motherboard is not configured to boot the drive with the correct mode (AHCI, SATA, IDE typically). Try changing them around, this usually fixes it.

ok thanks the HDD is an IDE drive (samsung 80GB) the CPU is an AMD Sempron 145 and the RAM is G-Skill (2x 1GB)

i cant boot into safe mode and it is an old HDD

Fan Junkie

Try resetting the bios

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

ive already tried reseting to factory in bios

yes OEM

Fan Junkie

moving to trouble shooting...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Try having both plugged in? Never had this issue before so kind of hard for me to help, sorry! :/ 

Thanks for all the help in the end o had to format the HDD and reinstall the OS

Fan Junkie

Like, duh! :D

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD