ID-Cooling Compact ITX Case

ID-Cooling has shown off this new case which is another super small, compact ITX cases. I know lots of people like their rigs bigger, but I personally love the idea of a tiny little case that is an absolute powerhouse.

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/id-cooling-mini-itx-compact-gaming,26994.html#xtor=RSS-998

The case is very barebones holding a single slot GPU, Mini-ITX Motherboard, not-too-massive-but-still-decent-sized CPU cooler and one 3.5", one 2.5" drive. The front IO only has to USB 3 ports and no 5.25" bay or slimline optical drive either.

The main feature of the case being the aluminium panel that runs the length of the entire front of the case. 

I'd like to see this same case but with a straight brushed aluminium front rather than a painted one.

id-cooling_sfx-t60.jpg

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Hmm the only thing I really miss on the front IO is a 3.5mm jack. Other than that neat case. All those tiny ITX cases are very interesting

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

hmm interesting kinda looks like something inwin would make for some reason i have this image of this being painted like olive drab green maybe a camo design for like a military themed build kinda reminds me of like some sort of military vehicle :S

Honestly, was going to get a hadron air but a C70 much better houses powerful components and HAS HANDLES. kinda important for lan rigs, and always forgotten. The C70 will always be the ultimate lan case in my eyes because of this. These small cases would be far better marketed as massively space saving or unique, cool looks but if they are lan rigs they definitely need handles, I would much rather handles than having to carry it like a newborn child,

All the above being my humble opinion.

Otherwise, looks like a pretty damn nice rig, not sure about psu facing sideways in terms of cable management but it looks managable in the image.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

Looks like that mini itx case from MSI..

1394035994.jpeg

Edit: Added picture above

Honestly, was going to get a hadron air but a C70 much better houses powerful components and HAS HANDLES. kinda important for lan rigs, and always forgotten. The C70 will always be the ultimate lan case in my eyes because of this. These small cases would be far better marketed as massively space saving or unique, cool looks but if they are lan rigs they definitely need handles, I would much rather handles than having to carry it like a newborn child,

All the above being my humble opinion.

Otherwise, looks like a pretty damn nice rig, not sure about psu facing sideways in terms of cable management but it looks managable in the image.

i would like to introduce you to this revolutionary invention:

a bag

it s a device made of flexible and sometimes padded cloth with a large hole inside.

you can put a sff computer in that cavity where it will be protected from impacts and rain.

also that device can also be fitted with handles or shoulder straps making transport way easier than metal handles fitted directly on a case.

sorry but using a bag and a sff case is way more practical and safe that just bring an unprotected case with small handles.

look at the sugo bag.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

i would like to introduce you to this revolutionary invention:

a bag

it s a device made of flexible and sometimes padded cloth with a large hole inside.

you can put a sff computer in that cavity where it will be protected from impacts and rain.

also that device can also be fitted with handles or shoulder straps making transport way easier than metal handles fitted directly on a case.

sorry but using a bag and a sff case is way more practical and safe that just bring an unprotected case with small handles.

look at the sugo bag.

Never seen that before, looks like a good option for small form factors but the thing is a bag introduces a very weak point in the chain. I have yet to find any backpack or messenger bag which can even house a small form factor PC with adequate protection for less than £100, and i looked hard to find something suitable for the hadron air. Then there is the added issue of extras like keyboards, mice, misc. cables and perhaps monitors, which need to be carried seperately. I have found that a PC case with handles and a simple backpack is a far easier to implement and, presumably, less of a strain than the option you suggested, not to mention I personally have to buy a new backpack like every 3 months or so because they cannot handle the four to five textbooks i carry daily, nevermind a beast mini pc with a heavy graphics card and plenty of storage, shoulder bags use the same strap systems, so i wouldn't feel confident with a carrying bag system. Plus, handles just make sense, whether on large or small systems - portability may not be a requirement for a PC, even a small form factor one, but you WILL move it around and it WILL be heavy.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

interesting case, altough 2 slots.... that keeps bugging me for some reason.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Never seen that before, looks like a good option for small form factors but the thing is a bag introduces a very weak point in the chain. I have yet to find any backpack or messenger bag which can even house a small form factor PC with adequate protection for less than £100, and i looked hard to find something suitable for the hadron air. Then there is the added issue of extras like keyboards, mice, misc. cables and perhaps monitors, which need to be carried seperately. I have found that a PC case with handles and a simple backpack is a far easier to implement and, presumably, less of a strain than the option you suggested, not to mention I personally have to buy a new backpack like every 3 months or so because they cannot handle the four to five textbooks i carry daily, nevermind a beast mini pc with a heavy graphics card and plenty of storage, shoulder bags use the same strap systems, so i wouldn't feel confident with a carrying bag system. Plus, handles just make sense, whether on large or small systems - portability may not be a requirement for a PC, even a small form factor one, but you WILL move it around and it WILL be heavy.

a hadron or this case would fit in the very backpack you mentionned.

then a razer keyboard bag(or thermaltake battledragon(its ugly as heck but it works), would well... help to carry a keyboard, mouse etc.

the sugo bag also has pockets to place a keyboard/etc.

on another note,idk how you go thru so many bags, i h(and there s lots of them)ave the same swiss gear bag to carry my books for 5+ years.

are you shure you don t leave the bag on a sander?(joke)

bags are more than strong enough to carry a 10lb computer.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

I prefer the kind of red In Win is going with for their new brushed aluminium cases.

For the truly compact, case makers shoulder really take a page from EVGA's book and include a PSU that's built for that case so it's compact as possible without having to spend hours swearing to get your gear wired together in a cramped space.

This is exactly my idea of how a case should be built. The PSU should be right at the front, not hanging over the motherboard which prevents the installation of a proper air cooler.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Needs a handle...

I agree, the TU-100 is one of my favourite cases for that reason:

tu100-01-640x640.jpg

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

I agree, the TU-100 is one of my favourite cases for that reason:

Yeah it looks wicked in black, the downside is that you can only have short gpus. 

Twitter | Steam |