Safe and easy ways of cleaning your computer without compressed air?

techswede

Oh sorry I tought you meant something else. Yeah I have never seen one of these cans in a store here either so I'd just order them online.

Glad to hear the hair dryer solution worked tough, i might just try that out as well if theres nothing to be concerened about regarding static electricity.

If you've got access to compressed air. Go for that. Had to run the damn thing at full tilt just to get some light dust off... I need a new compressor

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

inflate a balloon and release it on the dust?

I want to use one of those makeup brushes that women use to apply blush on to dust off my mobo's pcb.  Should I be worried for static build up?  I believe the brush is made with real hair.

• 11 months later...

Take a bike pump and put one of the small plastic straws from aerosol cans (like WD40 or something) on the pump

this way the pump's air will be compressed through the small straw making the same effect as a compressed air can

then with one hand pump the bike pump while you hold the tube in the other hand to dust

you can also use another person to pump, like child labour if youve got any :P

bike pump confirmed...thanks for the comment :)

bike pump confirmed...thanks for the comment :)

You're welcome :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

• 5 years later...
On 4/28/2014 at 9:21 PM, techswede said:

Hello LTT forum.

I've been using compressed air to clean out my case easily since i bought it.

But then my 5,5hp compressor (and 2000$ welder) were stolen from my storage....

So now i need an alternative. (canned compressed air is out of the question.. It's not readily available in most stores. And i live in the countryside)

Any suggestions? 

Seal all pc ventilations hole but 1-3 keep it open.Then take vacuum  cleaner adn start sucking it out. 🙂

Get a set of singing bowls and try hitting the resonant frequency of case, heatsink etc. When you do, all dust will vibrate off nicely

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

This is a thread from 2014. The PC is already clean

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"