WD Blue vs Green vs Black vs Red vs Purple

Anthony10

i have heard that there is really no difference between some of them, but the speed(rpm) etc. does change the performance but say the blue 1TB vs the black 1TB i do not think would be a huge difference 

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

If you are using it for regular usage Barracuda, Blue, or Blacks. If you are using it in a NAS then Red or Purple. The Black and Barracuda would be the fastest. The Blues, Reds, and Purple would be slower. The Greens would be the slowest of them, I would recommend these drives for a desktop usage as for games.

Quote me to get a reply!

If you are using it for regular usage Barracuda, Blue, or Blacks. If you are using it in a NAS then Red or Purple. The Black and Barracuda would be the fastest. The Blues, Reds, and Purple would be slower. The Greens would be the slowest of them, I would recommend these drives for a desktop usage as for games.

I know the differences in what they're for (http://www.wd.com/en/products/internal/desktop/) but is there anywhere that has benchmark comparisons?

Were you really that lazy to not even read the 10 words I said....? I'm looking for benchmarks and specifically said and linked that I know what each is for.....

Were you really that lazy to not even read the 10 words I said....? I'm looking for benchmarks and specifically said and linked that I know what each is for.....

No one really benchmarks drives anymore. But I found this http://hdd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Seagate-Barracuda-720012-1TB-vs-WD-Black-1TB-2013/2022vs1822 you can pick and compare drives.

Quote me to get a reply!