General Help

I'll start...

so, a buddy of mine has a 7850. He's wondering if he should get a 660ti or just by another 7850 and crossfire. I told him to get the 660ti. I also told him to save a little bit more for a 670... what do you guys think?

get another 7850........

and we had something like this called IRC chat in vbulletin wonder where is that now

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I'll start...

so, a buddy of mine has a 7850. He's wondering if he should get a 660ti or just by another 7850 and crossfire. I told him to get the 660ti. I also told him to save a little bit more for a 670... what do you guys think?

Wait for the new stuff.

I have a question... How can I make Windows behave? When I have more than 5GB of memory used, Windows will start closing programs and this "Close programs to prevent memory loss" dialog box pops up -.-

Stopppp

A 660Ti is 30% faster than a 7850. i would never crossfire a lowend card! i think upgrading would only make sense with someting like a 670 or 7950

I have a question... How can I make Windows behave? When I have more than 5GB of memory used, Windows will start closing programs and this "Close programs to prevent memory loss" dialog box pops up -.-

http://windows7themes.net/registry-tweaks-disable-close-programs-to-prevent-information-loss.html

i use often more than 5gb, nerver seen this though, how much ram do you have?

A 660Ti is 30% faster than a 7850. i would never crossfire a lowend card! i think upgrading would only make sense with someting like a 670 or 7950

That's what I thought... With crossfire and SLI, you get micro stutters. That's what's happening with my 560tis in SLI. I think that's where the buffering comes in. That's why I told him to save a little bit more and get a 670.

Stopppp

Like Andy asked, how much memory do you have? do you have more than one hard drive? do you know the size of your page file?

One thread as a place for us to ask questions would be a mess. Search it first or make a thread.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

http://windows7themes.net/registry-tweaks-disable-close-programs-to-prevent-information-loss.html

i use often more than 5gb, nerver seen this though, how much ram do you have?

Like Andy asked, how much memory do you have? do you have more than one hard drive? do you know the size of your page file?

8GB memory. 3 Hdds, 1 ssd. 400MB page file. I think I might see whats wrong here...

This thread is going to be a mess :D

Edit. I'll try one of those reg tweaks if no one has a quick anwser.

8GB memory. 3 Hdds, 1 ssd. 400MB page file. I think I might see whats wrong here...

This thread is going to be a mess :D

rams stable ?(mines were stable for 24 hours of ramtest around 2000%)

and never had similiar issues 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

rams stable ?(mines were stable for 24 hours of ramtest around 2000%)

and never had similiar issues 

The memory has been overclocked for months. Passed over 24 hours of memtest86, several passes of HCI memtest and a few HyperPi 32M runs.

Everything is solid, I just need to figure out what to mess with in regedit..

I also don't really think this is the spot for this topic, I'll get another thread started in some other section if I can't learn Windows.

EDIT: Why did I ask? It was such an easy Google... Thanks everyone who helped :]

There is now a Troubleshooting section...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

There is now a Troubleshooting section...

Hahaha really?

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |