Intel - "Talk to the Product Manager" Live Chat & Giveaway

LinusTech

Ooh that's 2PM where I am. Good thing I'm home sick. (I guess)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

1 Horse Sized Duck or 100 Duck sized Horses

what would you rather have to face in a Fight to the Death

Real question

Any reason SSD's Have to be the small size that they are and couldn't be Bigger for more storage?

How long does it take for you to come up with the finished product and what are the stages it goes through?  :) 

What direction are SSD's headed in? Are they going to continue to be SSD's as we currently know then for the foreseeable future or will somthing else come along and totally change how we see SSD's?

do you have to test your SSD's no only for their actual use but by dropping them and getting them wet quality i guess

Q: As many probably are asking or wondering is how much longer is it going to take for more storage on SSD's  I mean we have a 64gb micro sd cards? and I think their is a 128gb one coming out? so why can't we get more storage on a ssd?  Also when are gamers going to get a 8 core 16 thread cpu from intel? 

How about lowering prices of ssd-s, even 60GB ssd here costs around 50€ and 1TB hdd is around same price. Also capacity should be abit higher and speeds are already high enough.

Loving that the live stream is at 6pm here in the UK. It's a nice change from the usual 12:30am WAN show time which is waayyy past my bedtime. Still totally watch it every week.

Questions for Jeff - 

• What sets intels own memory controller apart compared to other rivals such as sandforce?
  • How long do you think it will be before SSD's will be as cheap per GB compared to HDD's?
  • Slightly off topic from SSD's. intel have made massive performance jumps with their SSD's in the past few years, however big jumps in CPU performance since sandy bridge seem to have stalled in favour of better power consumption and performance per watt. Which is brilliant. Just wondering if you think intel will have another big leap in performance like they have with recent SSD's and previous CPU architectures. There doesn't seem to be much incentive for customers who are building a new PC to go out at buy the latest haswell chip over ivy bridge/sandy bridge in terms of raw performance. 

Cheers for any questions answered!

i5 3570k @4.3Ghz -- GTX 970@1400Mhz -- 8GB 1866Mhz RAM -- Gigabyte Z77-D3H -- Fractal Design R5

my question would be, what would you say that would give me a reason to upgrade to one of your new ssd's from one of your last one.

If we would take the numbers from Intel website so "Endurance (Writes / Day) 50GB for 240GB version, and 70GB for 480GB version" How many years approximately would the drive last?

i7-4770k, Asus maximus vi hero, Swiftech h220, GTX 780 DCUII, Corsair RM 850w, Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb, WD Black 1Tb, NZXT Hue, Asus DRW-24F1st

Q: For a average consumer is there going to be a nice sweet spot of new processor coming out? to go with these nice new ssd's. When do you feel 256gb ssd's will drop under 100.00 dollars?  right now they are around or under 150.00 and I know that's good now but would like more storage for that price point.

Well some last minutes Q's:

1. Will Intel Provide a 1TB Option for this kind of SSD?

2. Will the SSD Stand out long enough (lifespan) ??

What would be the durability of a 730 SSD compared to both a 530 and 335?.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Q:

How come even though during continued operation, the standard deviation off the new intel SSD's is so small but IOps fall to below 20,000... This is whilst looking at a SSD used continues for 21-30 minutes. (Yes I know these are not ordinary cosumer work loads)

Compared to competitor SSD's sometimes have a standard deviation upto a hunderd times that of an intel SSD but still keeping a overall larger IOps

Is this a permanent trade off for these SSD;s or something that will be or is worked on?

I hope this is a question is clear (not english)

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

Why do you make your own controllers and why are your ssd's more expensive than competitors #730SSDFTW

Question for Jeff:

I would like to know if SSD RAID 0 helps randoms read and write speeds. AFAIK sequential speeds are not as important to random reading and writing. Depending on ones RAID 0 stripe size isn't lots of data still only being written to one SSD thus slowing down the experience??? thank you

What do you see happening in the future of storage devices in the next 5-10 years?  Where do you think we'll be?

Looks like you've already answered most my questions on validation and testing.

Oh god, I hope to win one! I really need it for my PC, I'm running low on my budget :P

So How much the raw cost to build 730 SSD? #730SSDFTW