3D printer purchase questions

Nessy2143

Hi guys, 

The club I'm in a my school is trying to expand our 3d printing capabilities and we are looking into a new printer.  We own a Flash forge creator pro and its been great so far but we are trying to get something that augments our capabilities not just another printer that does exactly the same thing.  Basically we are looking for something that can do something the creator pro cant do so we can have more options available to us.  The budgets around $1000 US but is flexible to change and really any help is appreciated.  It doesn't even have to be a 3D printer type thing just something that will help us better serve our community and let them and us make really cool stuff.  

Thank you,

Michael

Yes! that's a great idea but we already have one in the school so it would be "pointless" in the eyes of the almighty gods that control the $$.

If they won't let you get CNC machine or something similar, look into a resin printer.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

sadly I dont think we have the air circulation to pull that off.  I would love an SLA printer they seem so cool.  

Most of the prebuild 3d printers are carbage

I would suggest to do one starting from odrive

2 hours ago, Lii said:

Most of the prebuild 3d printers are carbage

I would suggest to do one starting from odrive

Yeah don't do that IMO.  

So if a resin printer and a router are off the table, I'd start looking at improving your printing setup. This would be tools to clean prints, print finishing tools (sandpaper, primer, paints, airbrush, etc) and perhaps look at getting a filament drier (make your own from a used food dehydrator). You could also look at making a filament storage/dispensing solution that's airtight to keep moisture out of your filament, kinda like the Repbox

Because adding servos to a 3D printer isn't done at the hobbiest scale. Odrives are awesome, dont get me wrong, but without a specific project for them it doesnt really apply to the original question

The Flash forge creator pro is a great printer but his build volume is somewhat limited, maybe another option could be to increase it by buying a printer like the prusa i3 or the Wanhao D9.