[Opinions] What are worst kind on fallacies used by people on Social Media sites?

Newblesse Obblige
9 minutes ago, Caroline said:

how come every comment about F's get instantly deleted but the ones from edgy atheists saying religion bad duh aren't?

ah fine, make the ban quick pls

I think our rules are pretty clear at this point. We don't tolerate attacks or harassment towards any group, no matter the context or reason. Posts that advocated that, or were baiting for discussion on such have been removed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

People who conflate fact and opinion, and then screech "bUt I'm eNtItLeD tO mY oPiNiOn" whenever someone points out that their opinon is based on false fact.

Silly example. Imagine topic under discussion is the number shown on this dice

image.png.0ad014812c6614cf726b03b1f08bb7f9.png

Person A: It shows the number 6

Person B: No, that's obviously false, because there are 4 dots. That means the number is 4.

Person A: But in my opinion, the number is 6

Person B: No, because there are not 6 dots. That is a fact.

Person A: bUt ThAt'S mY oPiNiOn!!!!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

8 hours ago, flashiling said:

o basically if i say AMD Bad and you say, "well amd isn't all bad because ****** " and i then start calling you out for  being an amd fanboy,

ok this is the exact thing that happened in a previous thread. The entirety of the fourm was calling me a amd fanboy, and being dicks when I linked 2 seperate benchmark sources showing that the 3600 outperformed the 10600k for adobe. 

Someone even had this photo

Spoiler

image.jpeg.de1c20f0047aeb149a895e40929033a3.jpeg

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

12 hours ago, flashiling said:

no it was what kafka meant.

so basically if i say AMD Bad and you say, "well amd isn't all bad because ****** " and i then start calling you out for  being an amd fanboy,

that's kafka

yeah like I said, Idk why is it called like that. I would have googled it now lmao

4 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

People who conflate fact and opinion, and then screech "bUt I'm eNtItLeD tO mY oPiNiOn" whenever someone points out that their opinon is based on false fact.

Silly example. Imagine topic under discussion is the number shown on this dice

image.png.0ad014812c6614cf726b03b1f08bb7f9.png

Person A: It shows the number 6

Person B: No, that's obviously false, because there are 4 dots. That means the number is 4.

Person A: But in my opinion, the number is 6

Person B: No, because there are not 6 dots. That is a fact.

Person A: bUt ThAt'S mY oPiNiOn!!!!!!

my understanding here is when you already said the truth but they still hold on to their opinion like it is the truth(contradiction lmao)

I think that statement is correct(kinda) but it is overused like abusing it whenever they are losing and misused as there are opinions are becoming biased or it is supported by a wrong info