Uploading Cover photo -200 error

Moonzy
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Testing with @Moonzy's image, I can confirm that it should work significantly better come the next forum update.

Browser, version and OS: Chrome, Windows 10

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

Upload cover photo

tried different file size (7.7MB, 7.4 MB, 3.3MB), different gif resolution (1080p, 720p), tested different file name (LTT Cover.gif, Moonzy.gif), different frame rate (15, 25)

made it 960x590, 1.85MB and it worked, is there a max resolution?

What happened?

Finished uploading, then it loaded for a long time and then this error occurred

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.77e26709355bc48a52abd41e0d47ef4e.png

What did you expect to happen?

"Done" and Save, then reposition.

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

Refer above

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I just reload the page and try it again

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

2 minutes ago, sub68 said:

I just reload the page and try it again

tried that multiple times, did not work

This is probably related to the issue, where I may be trying to post a meme or whatever picture and it just won't go through, always giving a -200 error. At worst, it's taken days for me to be able to post such again. There's something wonky in the backend, when it comes to handling uploads.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

-200 is a generic error, but generally it means that the forum timed out trying to process the image. Lossless compression can make that worse, but lossy compression or dropping the resolution helps.

Could you upload one of the non-working versions to somewhere other than the forum so that I can test it out?

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

-200 is a generic error, but generally it means that the forum timed out trying to process the image. Lossless compression can make that worse, but lossy compression or dropping the resolution helps.

Could you upload one of the non-working versions to somewhere other than the forum so that I can test it out?

I'll DM it to you as an attached file, since it's below 20MB

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

I'm not @Moonzy but one of my GIFs does seem to always trigger the error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3lnmlbf9wtllem/window.gif?dl=1

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Testing with @Moonzy's image, I can confirm that it should work significantly better come the next forum update.

Edited by colonel_mortis

HTTP/2 203

i get the -200 error when i use the Win+Print Screen + Ctrl + V

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker