Cpu 100% usage bottleneck ?

RBCBOOM

So when I play Cod Modern Warfare my cpu maxes out up to 100% and my gpu is only at about 50% what is a way I can fix this issue if its a upgrade what's a good choice for cpu (LGA1151) or if there is a hot fix that would be great to know. 

specs:

gigabyte gaming b8 motherboard 
i5-7500 3.40 ghz
gtx 1070
16gb ddr4 3400
250gb ssd
1tb hdd
windows 10 home 64

The best cpu that you can get without changing your board is the 7700/k and that would be a pretty nice upgrade. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Ok then another question a have a cooler master hyper 212 would I have to upgrade my cpu cooler as well or would that work out fine 

2 minutes ago, RBCBOOM said:

So when I play Cod Modern Warfare my cpu maxes out up to 100% and my gpu is only at about 50% what is a way I can fix this issue if its a upgrade what's a good choice for cpu (LGA1151) or if there is a hot fix that would be great to know. 

specs:

gigabyte gaming b8 motherboard 
i5-7500 3.40 ghz
gtx 1070
16gb ddr4 3400
250gb ssd
1tb hdd
windows 10 home 64

You could upgrade to a 7700(k) as it's simply just your cpu being a quad core that is the issue. However a used 7700 easily still goes for over 100 which it is not worth. That and you are on a dead platform which would leave you stranded when the 7700k isn't enough anymore too (I expect this to come true sooner rather than later with the new consoles coming out in 2 months).

I would say save up a bit and get a ryzen 4000 series upgrade when they come out. It's gonna be more but you'll end up with a system that will last you longer and isn't a dead end.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

You could upgrade to a 7700(k) as it's simply just your cpu being a quad core that is the issue. However a used 7700 easily still goes for over 100 which it is not worth. That and you are on a dead platform which would leave you stranded when the 7700k isn't enough anymore too (I expect this to come true sooner rather than later with the new consoles coming out in 2 months).

I would say save up a bit and get a ryzen 4000 series upgrade when they come out. It's gonna be more but you'll end up with a system that will last you longer and isn't a dead end.

Ok so I have found a i7 9700k which is cheaper i cant overclock because my mobo but its like 80 dollars cheaper for better would that work better then the 7700

3 minutes ago, RBCBOOM said:

Ok so I have found a i7 9700k which is cheaper i cant overclock because my mobo but its like 80 dollars cheaper for better would that work better then the 7700

But you still need a new motherboard for that. We are talking about the used market so things like ebay for the 7700k. How much is the 9700k?

1 hour ago, RBCBOOM said:

i7 9700k

You'll need a new board to support coffee lake. 

1 hour ago, RBCBOOM said:

have a cooler master hyper 212

it should be fine since you wont/ can't over clock the 7700/k. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

But you still need a new motherboard for that. We are talking about the used market so things like ebay for the 7700k. How much is the 9700k?

299.99 new on amazon and its the same chip set isnt it lga1151

2 hours ago, RBCBOOM said:

isnt it lga1151

it is, but intel decided to not keep compatibilty. so you need to change the motherboard, or... if you like modding, there's unofficial ways to run 9th gen on z170/270 chipset. but it require bios and cpu modding. not so easy for everyone. but if you're lucky, maybe someone already has modded bios for your motherboard model :)

if i remember, the cpu modding is not too hard, it consist of covering some pin with adhesive tape.

but anyway, considering all of this is dead platform, i think you better put that money on more recent hardware...

On 9/19/2020 at 11:29 AM, RBCBOOM said:

299.99 new on amazon and its the same chip set isnt it lga1151

Same socket but does not work on 100 and 200 series boards. Intel made sure to not allow people to upgrade to it. 299 for a 9700k isn't a great price since it's only a 8core without ht.

Get a Ryzen 4000 once they are out (likely next month) with a new motherboard. Spending money on a 7700k would be burning money they way I see it.