Razer Blackwidow 2014

LinusTech

From razer I've had a Death Adder die after 14 months, a Black Widow Ultimate start malfunctioning after 15 months (my page down key wtf?), a working but lopsided headband with pieces of plastic sitting out on a headset and a squeaky Oroborose after 1 month.  My friends have had similar experiences, we don't buy razer products anymore...  I really hope they improve their quality control...

Your deathadder die after 14 months? I was expecting it last for 24 months. I hope mine either last for 2 years + or brake before one year so I can get warranty xD.

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Come on Linus, I wouldn't call a $150 keyboard "affordable".  Time will tell if these "knock off" switches are as durable as Cherry MS switches, but one thing is certain; the profit margins of these keyboards has increased for Razor now that they dont have to use Cherry MX switches.

Come on Linus, I wouldn't call a $150 keyboard "affordable".  Time will tell if these "knock off" switches are as durable as Cherry MS switches, but one thing is certain; the profit margins of these keyboards has increased for Razor now that they dont have to use Cherry MX switches.

Do they increase the price? I've seen many people saying this new keyboard cost 150$ now but I still see 129$ in the official website, yes, it's the new one. 

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Your deathadder die after 14 months? I was expecting it last for 24 months. I hope mine either last for 2 years + or brake before one year so I can get warranty xD.

The right mouse button either does't respond or double clicks some of the time.  Probably 80% of my clicks were read normally.  In games it was really annoying to double click something by accident, or just not click it at all.  Now I just get whatever mouse I can get with as many discounts as possible and see how it runs, currently I'm using a CM storm sentinel advanced 2 (got it for 20$), and I'm not unhappy with it but I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it.

First Build:| Gigabyte 990FXa-UD3 | FX 8120 4.0Ghz | Coolermaster Seidon 240M | Asus Radeon HD 7870 | Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD + WD Green 2TB HDD | Corsair RM750 | 8Gb Kingston HyperX 1866Mhz CL9| Fractal Define R4 White/Windowed |

Do they increase the price? I've seen many people saying this new keyboard cost 150$ now but I still see 129$ in the official website, yes, it's the new one. 

150 at ncix

Other than my general dislike of Razer..the only thing I think is extremely stupid on this keyboard is the placement of the headphone and mic jacks. Does anyone have a headset that has the cables coming off the right side?

I think they are just being idiots about that. You will end up woth cables crossing over somewhere either being in the way or shortening the length AND possibly causing interferance with your mouse and or mouse pad.

For a gaming oriented company that just seems like the dumbest thing and makes me think they arent even paying attention to their target audience.

Edit:

Dont tell me no ones going to use those ports. Thats extra cost that the customer has to spend to not use them so either way its just dumb.

No, just no. You can barely notice the difference between this and mx blue. With this price you can get any mech keyboard you want.

Ok... Regarding the patent of Cherry MX, imagine if other companies design their own switches, I'm afraid it will be a total apocalypse for us the gamers

Make a tournament edition at the same price tag from the last revision and I will give it a try :D

crafted personality!

what I don't like about it is the green backlighting and I personally don't feel like they should've gone and made their own switches, because this will throw off people wanting to buy a mechanical gaming keyboard and they might feel like they have to get this over something else, just because it's optimized for gaming

Cherry switches are long on the market and the quality is very consistant. I don't think you can keep their quality level and safe 50% of the production cost.

First gen Razer switches = super expenive for Razer but good quality...

1-2 gens later = need more money...don't care if the switchs aren't as good as promised.

Really comes down to the price in the end of it. If it less than 85$ then i can see a market. But if its at Razers usual high price then its definitely a no go. 
Edit: Just stared into disbelief at the price on NCIX. I thought it was a joke. 150$ Jesus Christ. Ill stick with a Ducky shine thanks.

i really wish the backlight didnt have to match the switch color, that bugs me so much, i cant wait for the corsair rgb keyboard, and you didnt talk about the lighting designs, like ripple, breath, all that n what not. 

the prices are no where cheap... it they were 70 bucks sort of monoprice prices then yes... if not all they are doing is expanding their own margins and not our pockets. 

139.99 USD. You're funny Razer, real runny.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Corsair H100i Pro | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x16gb @ 3200mhz  | Vega 64 @ Stock | Fractal Design Define R4 | Corsair RM750

ThinkPad T480 | Intel Core i7 8650u | Nvidia MX150 | 32GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz | Samsung 840 Pro 1tb | 1080p touchscreen

Is it worth the time exchanging my blackwidow I just got 2 days ago for the newer version?

when? another 3-4 months?

Doesn't matter. It's worth the wait. I liked my K60 more than my G710+ except for two things: back lighting and my hatred of Reds. So back lighting that won't static itself out and brown switches... <3

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

I was really hoping this would be an actual gaming keyboard and not just a typing keyboard with slightly modified switches.

When you want to be sure you hit a button you bottom out. In almost every gaming environment, bottoming out means a button press. Not half-way down. Not 2mm higher than half-way down. And a "tactile bump" is not sufficient. When you want to be sure you just hit the button, you bottom out. And if you want to double tap you bottom out twice and your "switch" "resets" as soon as it leaves the bottom. So you have an absolute "feel" for when the switch is "off" so you can repress. And "getting the actuation point closer to the tactile point" is an improvement, but it's not good enough for "gaming".

I would have been much happier if Razer made a completely new switch that was actually designed for gaming, instead of just playing the "Patent Expiration" copy game.

There are just so many better things for this price... And Razer, "gaming switches" aren't new. Reds and browns fill that place.

It was just a way to save money for them, and hopefully for us if they change the pricing.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

At that stupid pricetag, I'd rather get a Ducky Shine 3....wait a sec, I already have 3 of those! ;)  I have not considered getting any Razer mechanical keyboard, and now that it comes with their very own switch, NEVR EVER WILL! :ph34r:

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

when u see german made it just gives u this feeling u know it will be quality

I am seriously getting sick of this idolization. German products =/= guaranteed highest or even high quality. Please, stop saying that like they're the gods of manufacturing. Volkswagens still suck and are made started in Germany.

I am seriously getting sick of this idolization. German products =/= guaranteed highest or even high quality. Please, stop saying that like they're the gods of manufacturing. Volkswagens still suck and are made started in Germany.

are u kidding? lol do u know anything about cars?