Okay, will this old tv work with my retro consoles

Lilninjsways

So I have been looking for a small tv for my retro games to put on my bookshelf 

http://imgur.com/a/SMIgs2j

The person who is basically giving this and another away is saying that there is no way to hook up any retro console to the tv is this true?

MY MAIN BUILD AT FATHERS HOUSE!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard

RAM: 32gb ddr3

Hard Drive:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case: Rosewill TYRFING ATX Mid Tower Case

Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

Monitor:  Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Keyboard:  Thermaltake CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse:  MSI Interceptor DS B1 Wired Optical Mouse

Speakers: Logitech Z200 0W 2ch Speakers

4 minutes ago, Lilninjsways said:

So I have been looking for a small tv for my retro games to put on my bookshelf 

http://imgur.com/a/SMIgs2j

The person who is basically giving this and another away is saying that there is no way to hook up any retro console to the tv is this true?

Yes but technically no. You could convert signals to coaxial cable but that is not gonna be cheap. I'd just look for a different random crt tv.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Yes but technically no. You could convert signals to coaxial cable but that is not gonna be cheap. I'd just look for a different random crt tv.

Damn, it was gonna be free and he was gonna drop it off at my door step. How "not cheap" is it? He said he can give me a " coax transformer"

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

2 minutes ago, Lilninjsways said:

Damn, it was gonna be free and he was gonna drop it off at my door step. How "not cheap" is it? He said he can give me a " coax transformer"

Around 50$ for one convertor box. Not guaranteed to work of course.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

uuuh no it's not expensive? you can just use a VCR for that. at least where i live you can since all our VCR's have a SCART input that you can plug consoles into and it will output on RF. 

1 minute ago, Lilninjsways said:

He said he can give me a " coax transformer"

he probably meant the thing in the pictures that converts the Coax RF to the terminals you connect to the tv where the antenna would normally go. it's not sueful for connecting consles unless the consoles you are using can output on RF. if they can't you'll need to use something like a VCR to convert the signal first. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Around 50$ for one convertor box. Not guaranteed to work of course.

or just use a VCR if it has a composite input, basically all of them will take that input and output it over RF, at least the one's that i've used do. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, Ashley xD said:

or just use a VCR if it has a composite input, basically all of them will take that input and output it over RF, at least the one's that i've used do. 

I've only come across that on the more expensive models I've seen around and used which were barely any. But good idea.

Just now, jaslion said:

I've only come across that on the more expensive models I've seen around and used which were barely any. But good idea.

i have 2, a panasonic VCR that's nothing special, it doesn't even have hifi audio, and i have a JVC VCR that's super high end, S-VHS and all that, both take SCART and output it onver RF. i assume that regions that don't have SCART take composite and output it over RF. 

She/Her

8 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

i have 2, a panasonic VCR that's nothing special, it doesn't even have hifi audio, and i have a JVC VCR that's super high end, S-VHS and all that, both take SCART and output it onver RF. i assume that regions that don't have SCART take composite and output it over RF. 

I'm guessing this wouldn't work?

20200821_204850.jpg

20200821_204906.jpg

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Lilninjsways said:

I'm guessing this wouldn't work?

i can't tell if it has an RF output on it. if it does it theoretically should work just fine if it outputs whatever you plug into it over RF. 

She/Her

3 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

i can't tell if it has an RF output on it. if it does it theoretically should work just fine if it outputs whatever you plug into it over RF. 

No it doesn't seem to have RF it only has 4 different types of component

Spoiler

Just now, Lilninjsways said:

No it doesn't seem to have RF it only has 4 different types of component

then it's too new. try to find a VCR that's really cheap or even broken (remember we don't need to play tapes we only need the signal processing to work here, as long as that works we're good) that has both composite in and RF out on it. 

She/Her

Just now, Ashley xD said:

then it's too new. try to find a VCR that's really cheap or even broken (remember we don't need to play tapes we only need the signal processing to work here, as long as that works we're good) that has both composite in and RF out on it. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J41Y4YY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_G6gqFbKGAZ2R8

Would this work?

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

from the description yes, but i don't know. i'm not super familiar with this stuff, i've always used old VCR's if i needed RF. 

Should I just wing it? 

Spoiler