Switch to Linux

3 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

Yes, they have already been working with Valve to make sure Proton works in there Linux environment. Steam is also supposed to be coming as a native ChromeOS App at some point with Proton support still baked in. Proton is nothing more than a pre-configured Wine environment.

that was only for games....and not all ones..but steam will soon be a normal native app mostly in the same way as how geforce now works... as a pwa.so there is zero chance of proton being available in chrome os ... there is nothing wine related for sure..

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Why? Chromebook have little to like no storage. Unless the option to Stream from a gaming PC on the network is the solution. 

they will mostly have a option to have those games on a external device like how the devs are working on making the linux virtual machine run on an external device.....solving space issues and some devices have expandable storage too. 

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

7 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Why? Chromebook have little to like no storage. Unless the option to Stream from a gaming PC on the network is the solution. 

Probably because people have already been trying to use steam on Chromebooks, I would imagine offering native steam support would make them more appealing.

In my area, chromebooks have about the same specs as there Windows Laptop counterparts.

Neither the Windows Laptops or Chromebooks really have a lot of storage however, maxing out around 256GB Which really still isn't a lot of storage, you could however carry around a external storage drive I suppose.

Considering steam supports streaming games already, I would imagine it would still be a use case as well.

3 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

Chromebooks really have a lot of storage however, maxing out around 256GB Which really still isn't a lot of storage,

The Chromebook I have seen have like 16 Gigs of storage. My dad has one of the older Samsung models. Chromebook dont make a lot of sense with higher powered components considering that ChromeOS is more of a Mobile OS rather than a desktop OS. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

The Chromebook I have seen have like 16 Gigs of storage. My dad has one of the older Samsung models. Chromebook dont make a lot of sense with higher powered components considering that ChromeOS is more of a Mobile OS rather than a desktop OS. 

It doesn't make sense, but it is a thing.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-pixelbook-go-13-3-4k-ultra-hd-touch-screen-chromebook-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-256gb-solid-state-drive-not-pink/6382925.p?skuId=6382925

4 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

Well Google has always had the ultra high end Chromebook. I dont see many people buying them. Most Chromebooks that people buy are the cheapest POS ones as possible. Because most use them for online schooling for kids. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.