Ebay windows key activated as Windows 10 enterprise

Sat1600

so I purchased one of those ebay Windows 10 pro keys. I have done this a bunch of times in the past for different builds.

This time the key activated, but as Windows 10 enterprise. I dont really have experience with enterprise. Is there any reason to care? Will ot make a difference to the buyer?

Enterprise just lets you disable some Microsoft features like the Windows Store and adds a few features. I personally prefer it, but it cannot be legally obtained as a consumer.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

enterprise is just extra features, so it will work just like pro.

Also stop using stolen keys

Thanks. And uh, last time I promise. Probably

1 minute ago, PorkishPig said:

Enterprise just removes a bunch Microsoft bloatware. I personally prefer it, but it cannot be legally obtained as a consumer.

switching to ent from pro wont chnge any software, just some features.

The ent isos hvae less bloat, but thats different

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

switching to ent from pro wont chnge any software, just some features.

The ent isos hvae less bloat, but thats different

Yep, was confusing with LTSC. Edited my post just before you commented.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

15 minutes ago, Sat1600 said:

so I purchased one of those ebay Windows 10 pro keys. I have done this a bunch of times in the past for different builds.

Is there any reason to care? Will ot make a difference to the buyer?

Yes, you should indeed care a lot if you're knowingly re-selling systems you've built with Windows licenses that violate the EULA. Any one of us could call up Microsoft and report you if you indeed are selling these systems in a business-like setting as they'll happily go after a business.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

53 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Yes, you should indeed care a lot if you're knowingly re-selling systems you've built with Windows licenses that violate the EULA. Any one of us could call up Microsoft and report you if you indeed are selling these systems in a business-like setting as they'll happily go after a business.

Not a business. Just a hobby. I don't know that the the license violates anything. I saw someone selling a copy of windows on ebay and I purchased it.

1 hour ago, Sat1600 said:

Not a business. Just a hobby. I don't know that the the license violates anything. I saw someone selling a copy of windows on ebay and I purchased it.

Retail keys can be re-sold, however, Enterprise keys are only sold through Volume Licensing between a qualifying business and Microsoft. Buying and using an Enterprise key without such a Volume Licensing agreement violates the EULA, regardless of however you chose to acquire the key.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/product-licensing/windows10?activetab=windows10-pivot:primaryr4

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)