SSD NVME 2

Gojart Demiri

I have asus rog Maximus formula Xii z490 and i wanna go for 3x nvme ssd my question is its good to have 3 or lose performance or high temp can u tell me a little more or give me some advice please?

Why do you need 3...?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Gojart Demiri said:

I have asus rog Maximus formula Xii z490 and i wanna go for 3x nvme ssd my question is its good to have 3 or lose performance or high temp can u tell me a little more or give me some advice please?

Other than 3 NVME drives being completely overkill for most people (as one or two higher capacity drives make a lot more sense in most cases), you would only lose out on some performance if you will be using more PCIE slots, than just the top one or top two. If you won't be using any PCIE slots, other than the top two, you will be totally fine.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Do you really need 3 nvme SSD’s? 2 of them could be normal sata SSD’s or even HDD’s

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Why do you need 3...?

Reason whay i wanna go with 3 is because i dont want a lot of cable’s 

6 minutes ago, minibois said:

Other than 3 NVME drives being completely overkill for most people (as one or two higher capacity drives make a lot more sense in most cases), you would only lose out on some performance if you will be using more PCIE slots, than just the top one or top two. If you won't be using any PCIE slots, other than the top two, you will be totally fine.

Just now, Gojart Demiri said:

Understandable and I don't know what capacity drives you are considering.. But if unless you're going three 2TB M.2 SSD's, it's probably more logical to go for one or two drives totalling the same capacity (i.e. if you want to get 3 M.2 drives, 500GB-500GB-1TB, you should consider two 2TB drives for example; to keep the third M.2 slot open for expansion).

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Understandable and I don't know what capacity drives you are considering.. But if unless you're going three 2TB M.2 SSD's, it's probably more logical to go for one or two drives totalling the same capacity (i.e. if you want to get 3 M.2 drives, 500GB-500GB-1TB, you should consider two 2TB drives for example; to keep the third M.2 slot open for expansion).

I wanna go with 3x samsung 970 evo plus 1tb or samsung 970 pro 1tb but im not sure jet i need more help i guess

7 minutes ago, Gojart Demiri said:

I wanna go with 3x samsung 970 evo plus 1tb or samsung 970 pro 1tb but im not sure jet i need more help i guess

Why do you want to go for that setup, instead of 1x 970 EVO 1TB + 970 EVO 2TB?

As in, what programs/etc. do you use that you would need three separate SSD's for?

Two I understand; one for Windows/programs and the other for programs/files.

The PRO drives are usually only worth it for very specific high write scenarios, as that is their main advantage

6 minutes ago, minibois said:

Why do you want to go for that setup, instead of 1x 970 EVO 1TB + 970 EVO 2TB?

As in, what programs/etc. do you use that you would need three separate SSD's for?

Two I understand; one for Windows/programs and the other for programs/files.

The PRO drives are usually only worth it for very specific high write scenarios, as that is their main advantage

What do u thing about 2x samsung 970 evo plus 2Tb?!!

1 hour ago, Gojart Demiri said:

First of all do you even need that much storage?

Like is your job video editing or something?

Also, just get one or two 2TB NVMe SSDs, there's no point in getting three 1TB ones if 2TB is available.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

9 hours ago, Gojart Demiri said:

It makes more sense to me than three 1TB drives, but with the limited context I have over why you need these drives, I still can't fully comment on if it's a good idea.

2 hours ago, minibois said:

It makes more sense to me than three 1TB drives, but with the limited context I have over why you need these drives, I still can't fully comment on if it's a good idea.

What im really doing i do (gaming,video editing,coding,3d animation)

10 hours ago, Enderman said:

First of all do you even need that much storage?

Like is your job video editing or something?

Also, just get one or two 2TB NVMe SSDs, there's no point in getting three 1TB ones if 2TB is available.

What im really doing i do (gaming,video editing,coding,3d animation

4 hours ago, Gojart Demiri said:

What im really doing i do (gaming,video editing,coding,3d animation

Well maybe start off with a 2TB drive and add a second one in the future if you really need it.

If you need lots of storage for archival purposes you should get a 12-16TB HDD.

Spoiler