Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sin Stalker

What should a debug LED display normally?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

By normally, I mean completing a boot and loading into windows.

 

I ask because after months of struggling with instability of various types, I decided to replace the motherboard. However that mobo was DOA, so I put back in my previous. Instability is better than nothing.

 

Well I got into windows and was then analyzing my cable management when I realized the LED was completely off. This confuses me because for the last year, it has ALWAYS had a code on it. AA, if I remember correctly, would always be displayed. I figured it just leaves the last code displayed. But now I am thinking maybe it is supposed to go off and somehow, reseating 100% of everything may have fixed the issue????

 

 

Such a question, probably very obvious to most, is still difficult to Google apparently. So I am here to embarrass myself in order to be probably educated on the subject.

 

 

Side note, I need an emote such as 'egg on face' for this one, I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to put more egg on your face, but we need to know which motherboard you have.


AMD Ryzen 3900X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 3600CL15 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-16-14-14-34  |  EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black w/NZXT Kraken G12 Cooler  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends. Each manufacturer uses different debug codes. Check your manual. Also debug codes useful for no boot scenario, not that useful after boot sequence is complete. If you were to explain your stability issues maybe we could help.


y'all need to poop more often.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My MSI Gaming 7 z97a board shows my CPUtemp after the bios boot codes finish up.

I see them rise and fall and are in same values as my CPU package temp while sussing apps.

 

I never set this up, it just did it from the start.

 


Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

My MSI Gaming 7 z97a board shows my CPUtemp after the bios boot codes finish up.

I see them rise and fall and are in same values as my CPU package temp while sussing apps.

 

I never set this up, it just did it from the start.

 

Holy crap, so does my Z77A-GD65. I never noticed that.


y'all need to poop more often.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

My MSI Gaming 7 z97a board shows my CPUtemp after the bios boot codes finish up

That's awesome. 


Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

 

 

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

3100.

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 minutes ago, nick name said:

Not to put more egg on your face, but we need to know which motherboard you have.

Oof. 

 

I have an Asus X370 Crosshair VI Hero.

 

 

15 minutes ago, Levent said:

Depends. Each manufacturer uses different debug codes. Check your manual. Also debug codes useful for no boot scenario, not that useful after boot sequence is complete. If you were to explain your stability issues maybe we could help.

 

I've posted about them before.

 

 

 

That should cover most of it. :(

 

 

14 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

My MSI Gaming 7 z97a board shows my CPUtemp after the bios boot codes finish up.

I see them rise and fall and are in same values as my CPU package temp while sussing apps.

 

I never set this up, it just did it from the start.

 

Does anyone know if this is a feature that can be activated for other boards like my Asus x370??? I'd love that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well my CH7 has displayed different things.  It used to display 24 and that code would change if I opened Ryzen Master.  Then, after BIOS updates, it displayed AA.  After more BIOS updates -- what it displays now is . . . . still AA.  

 

I'd go check out:

 

https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1624603-rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread.html

 

and pose your question to them to see what their boards say.  

 

 


AMD Ryzen 3900X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 3600CL15 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-16-14-14-34  |  EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black w/NZXT Kraken G12 Cooler  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
25 minutes ago, nick name said:

Well my CH7 has displayed different things.  It used to display 24 and that code would change if I opened Ryzen Master.  Then, after BIOS updates, it displayed AA.  After more BIOS updates -- what it displays now is . . . . still AA.  

 

I'd go check out:

 

https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1624603-rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread.html

 

and pose your question to them to see what their boards say.  

 

 

 

Thank you. That is what I have now done.

 

https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1624603-rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread.html#/topics/1751252

 

 

Also, my board had been saying AA most of the time as well. Although I think it may have said something different several months ago. But either way, turning completely off now is weird...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×