Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
storm05

how do i mach my ram moduels

Posted · Original PosterOP

hello, i jut got my second ram moduel now i have a kingston blue 8gb ddr3 1600mhz and corsair vendence blue 8gb ddr3 1600mhz

i dont know how to mech them and properly configer them to gether 

can any one halp me

1 minute ago, storm05 said:

i dont know how to mech them and properly configer them to gether 

are they both in your system right now?

share your specs, best through pcpartpicker.com, so that we can give some advice based on what you're using.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Are the timings the same? If so, you can plug and play.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/30 Techlinked

Just now, zeusthemoose said:

Are the timings the same? If so, you can plug and play.

i dont know 

how do i chek

You can try to enable X.M.P. but if the timing on the 2 sticks are different there's the possibility your board won't like it.

Guides & Tutorials:

How To: Access Remote Systems at Home/Work Securely from Anywhere with Pritunl

How to Format Storage Devices in Windows 10

A How-To: Drive Sharing in Windows 10

VFIO GPU Pass-though w/ Looking Glass KVM on Ubuntu 19.04

A How-To Guide: Building a Rudimentary Disk Enclosure

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

How To: Remotely Access Your Server/NAS

In the Queue:

How to Use Memtest86 to Diagnose RAM Errors

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

Just now, storm05 said:

i dont know 

how do i chek

Usually it says it on the side of the stick. On the (usually) white sticker. 8-8-8-24, 9-9-9-26, etc.

Guides & Tutorials:

How To: Access Remote Systems at Home/Work Securely from Anywhere with Pritunl

How to Format Storage Devices in Windows 10

A How-To: Drive Sharing in Windows 10

VFIO GPU Pass-though w/ Looking Glass KVM on Ubuntu 19.04

A How-To Guide: Building a Rudimentary Disk Enclosure

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

How To: Remotely Access Your Server/NAS

In the Queue:

How to Use Memtest86 to Diagnose RAM Errors

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

Read the stickers on each module. If the timings (xx.xx.xx.xx etc.) and the frequency (xxxxMHz) are the same, they will be compatible.

Primary Rig: AMD R5 3600 | AMD RX 5700 XT | MSI MAG B550M Mortar | 32GB Thermaltake DDR4-3200 | Seasonic GX 650W | Noctua NH-U12S | Cooler Master NR400 | Manjaro 20

Secondary Rig: AMD R5 2600 | AMD RX 5700 | MSI B450I G+ AC | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3200 | Corsair CX550M | Noctua NH-L9A | SilverStone SG13B | Windows 10

3 minutes ago, alabistyr said:

Read the stickers on each module. If the timings (xx.xx.xx.xx etc.) and the frequency (xxxxMHz) are the same, they will be compatible.

what if the timing arnt compatible

2 minutes ago, storm05 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

this is my pc, it is an upgraded msi nightblade b85c-017eu

Make sure you quote us so that we can see your responses

You accidentally shared the default link, you should share the permalink instead, which is at the top of the parts list.

I believe that motherboard is an ITX motherboard, so you really only have to install both dimms and make sure XMP is enabled in the BIOS. Not much configuration you can do past that.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, storm05 said:

Yeah, looks pretty simple. Both dimms in both slots, enable XMP, you should be done. The motherboard might default to CL9 if the slower dimm can handle it, but even if they both do 1600 CL11, the dual channel advantage is what really makes the difference.

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Yeah, looks pretty simple. Both dimms in both slots, enable XMP, you should be done. The motherboard might default to CL9 if the slower dimm can handle it, but even if they both do 1600 CL11, the dual channel advantage is what really makes the difference.

shud i enable befor or after instaling the second ram muduel?

7 minutes ago, storm05 said:

shud i enable befor or after instaling the second ram muduel?

when you install the second module, XMP might disable itself, so you'd have to do it after.

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6: