Issue with Asrock Thunderbolt Card

pstarlord

I have an Asrock Z270 Taichi mobo, with the Asrock AIC Thunderbolt PICE card installed. 

I work in music production and I upgraded to a Thunderbolt audio interface.  The interface connects via TB2 cable.  

The card has two TB3 ports, a display port and a mini display port.

I have the interface connected to the AIC Card's TB3 port via TB2 to TB3 adapter (all apple cables)

The interface is registering that is not connected to a Thunderbolt port (it has a screen that displays it's connection, and it switched from USB to Thunderbolt) but the PC isn't finding it.  

I've checked in the BIOS, and made sure Thunderbolt Support is turned on, with no security limit.  AIC and AR AIC options are Enabled.  And the Dual Port options is also selected. 

Within the BIOS there is a graphic that shows all the connections to the mobo, but the PICE slot with the TB Card does not show up.  I didn't think too much of that because the Firewire card that's been in there and functioning for years also doesn't show up. 

Any suggestions???

The obvious first suspect is the cable, but it’s mentioned twice, so I assume that is known.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The obvious first suspect is the cable, but it’s mentioned twice, so I assume that is known.

All the cables work fine.  I connected the interface to my laptop that has a TB3 port, and everything connected and worked fine.  

• 2 weeks later...

Update, in case anyone else has this issue. 

The Asrock AIC Card, according to the mind bendingly terrible and rude tech support, does not work with a TB2 to TB3 adapter for some reason. 

On a side note, I'll never purchase another Asrock product, their tech support was so awful and rude.  I even reached out to Asrock to bring up the issue to someone else, with no response.