Will this game run?

Kaleb Janzen

I have heard of this game called The Long Dark by Hinterland studios. It's a survival game and I watched videos about it and I was wondering if my laptop will run it.

Specs are

Intel Celeron N3350 1.1ghz 

Intel HD 500

4gb Ram 

Windows 10 home.

You can, but it will be a very unpleasant experience:

• CPU: Dual-Core Intel i5 CPU @ 2GHz+
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 2 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: Intel 4xxx Series w/ 512MB VRAM or better
  • PIXEL SHADER: 3.0
  • VERTEX SHADER: 3.0
  • SOUND CARD: Yes
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 1 GB
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 512 MB

6 minutes ago, Kaleb Janzen said:

I have heard of this game called The Long Dark by Hinterland studios. It's a survival game and I watched videos about it and I was wondering if my laptop will run it.

Specs are

Intel Celeron N3350 1.1ghz 

Intel HD 500

4gb Ram 

Windows 10 home.

It will launch but it will be in the single digit framerates so literally unplayable.

21 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It will launch but it will be in the single digit framerates so literally unplayable.

I was seeing what people would say but I have actually been playing this game for 3 days now on my crappy laptop and I'm getting 60+ fps and no stuttering on medium low settings at 1280x600 resolution 

5 hours ago, Kaleb Janzen said:

I was seeing what people would say but I have actually been playing this game for 3 days now on my crappy laptop and I'm getting 60+ fps and no stuttering on medium low settings at 1280x600 resolution 

Then what was the point of this thread if you already knew the results beforehand?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

11 hours ago, Kaleb Janzen said:

Then why did you ask us? Just to have a bit of fun?

-Topic Locked-

If you dont have a real question that you need help with, please use Status Updates. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25