PSU Advice

penguinluvin
So I bought a TX650M about a month ago, and noticed it was clicking on startup/shut down, and before I did any research I submitted a ticket to Corsair asking what it was as it was a brand new unit.
I took to the internet and had a look around and everywhere I went, people said clicking is fine, its a relay switch. So with that it put my mind at rest and I moved on with it.
I got a reply from Corsair yesterday asking for some more details reguarding the click and could I send them a picture of the PSU sticker on the unit, didnt ask to record the click or anything.
So after replying and showing it they have said that the same unit is out of stock but they can replace it with https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/cxm-series-2015-config/p/CP-9020061-UK#tab-overview (CX750M)
Now untill this it was my understanding that the PSU was meant to click, but now im not sure.
So my question(s) here would be:
1: Should I tell them that my research while waiting for an answer from them suggested the click was fine?
2a: Should I just accept the offer, get a replacement and send this one back to them?
2b: If yes to 2a, is the CX750M a decent PSU?

The TXM is a better PSU than the CXM.

Since there's nothing wrong with your TX650M you have no reason to replace it.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

There are a lot of bad reviews with the cx750, if there is no problem with your psu better not change it to a lower category of psu

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The TXM is a better PSU than the CXM.

Since there's nothing wrong with your TX650M you have no reason to replace it.

As I said that is what I was lead to believe it just confuses me, that this was Corsairs response, surely they know the clicking is normal?

9 minutes ago, penguinluvin said:

As I said that is what I was lead to believe it just confuses me, that this was Corsairs response, surely they know the clicking is normal?

yeah, they know the clocking is normal and just want to give you a cheaper/worse psu

1 hour ago, penguinluvin said:
So I bought a TX650M about a month ago, and noticed it was clicking on startup/shut down, and before I did any research I submitted a ticket to Corsair asking what it was as it was a brand new unit.

It's normal.  It's the in-rush current by-pass relay.

1 hour ago, bawalpangit said:

There are a lot of bad reviews with the cx750, 

There are?!?!

Basically the tx is a better version rather than the cx because of the quality of capacitors used in the psu