Auto-like your favorite Youtubers

Hi,

Just found this chrome extension called " youtube auto-like", and it basically auto likes either all the videos you watch on youtube, or all the videos you watch only from your subscribers. Please consider sharing and adding this to your chrome browser and help out your favorite creators for free, without doing anything.

Only works in chrome on desktop: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/youtube-auto-like/loodalcnddclgnfekfomcoiipiohcdim?hl=en

Although an interesting extension I personally won't use it as I do like the content creators I like to see legit likes and dislikes for content tailoring. 

The system already has many flaws with regard to positioning and trending etc, the last thing we need are addons that further obfuscate the ratings and their value etc.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Yikes, I hope no one will use this.

While neat in concept, in execution this does make for a better system.

YouTube has installed a system in the past, that made it so a video view would only count in their system, if you watched a video for a certain length of time.

This was to combat the clickbait that was running rampant on the site. Back then, clicking a video was a video. As simple as that. Nowadays you need to watch it a bit and even viewer retention matters when it comes to YouTube seeing a video as good.

Now if you throw in this system (which admittedly, does have a way to turn off video liking for channels you're not subscribed to) you are introducing another horrible thing: fake likes.

These fake likes will delude the effect of a proper like, as - if everyone uses this extension - it's basically as if no one is liking.

It's the age old 'if everyone can do x, x not worth anything'. Of course no everyone on the YouTube platform will use this, but if a significant proportion of users does, you will skew the statistics.

TL;DR: it's bad to introduce fake statistics.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just because I subscribe to a channel doesn't mean I like every video they put out. I prefer to provide honest feedback to them when I like it dislike something, rather than just "smashing that like button cause it really helps us out" mindlessly.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

• 1 month later...