Need help with first pc build

your link takes me to an empty cart.

I would suggest putting all the parts on a part list using https://pcpartpicker.com and attach that to the thread please.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

6 minutes ago, chunkybees said:

I know its over kill but i don't want to mess with it for years after I build it.

https://secure.newegg.ca/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Submit=view

Any suggestions on other parts would be appreciated, not even sure if all these parts will work together. 

You can’t just show us your personal cart

tell us your budget we can make you a good list

15 minutes ago, chunkybees said:

I know its over kill but i don't want to mess with it for years after I build it.

https://secure.newegg.ca/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Submit=view

Any suggestions on other parts would be appreciated, not even sure if all these parts will work together. 

Just give us your budget, we’ll get you a good build

19 minutes ago, chunkybees said:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/chunkybees/saved/#view=2gwZZL

Was trying to keep the cost around 3. Can go to $4000 

Well, you failed miserably at keeping the cost around 3k CAD ;)

What will you be using this machine for? - that's what we really need to know. 

You are overpaying a ton on certain items. Get an air cooler instead of an AIO if you don't want to mess with anything - they are more reliable. Get cheaper ram with the same specs (Gskill RipJaws come to mind). An Asus TUF Gaming Plus motherboard would be a great option to save some $, a cheaper SSD (unless you are dependent on the speeds and capacity) and a cheaper case (or please, at least one with better airflow, even the standard H510 is better IIRC). And right now I'd personally not buy an 2080 Ti with it's horrible price/performance and a new gen of GPUs on the horizon, but if you want to buy now and want the (almost) best money can buy, then the 2080 Ti it is.

I agree with ShinRamen.  You can pay half price for just about everything on that list with no drop in quality.  I even got my 2080 Ti for $1,100 instead of $1,600.  As for the CPU, you may want to rethink the Ryzen 9 unless you need it.  The Ryzen 7 (and frankly, even the 5) acquit themselves just fine unless you need the extra cores/threads.  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

Thanks so much for the info, I will look into some cheaper options 

I will use it mainly for playing games, some video editing, and looking at building drawings for work. 

2080 super a better option?

Do you have any build lists?

This should be able to handle everything you have in mind flawlessly. If you really need 32GB of ram, feel free to upgrade to a 32GB 3600MHz/CL16 Kit (same brand and model).

You could go with a Asus Prime X570-P or even a B450 Tomahawk Max to be honest - there's no difference in raw performance. I don't think you'd benefit from a PCIe 4.0 SSD, so there's really not much of an argument for X570 unless you plan to upgrade the CPU in the near future.

You could also skip the CPU cooler and use the stock cooler that comes with your 3700X - it's free and you'll get it anyway, so why not use it. If you feel the need to upgrade, you can always do that in the future.

With these changes the build would come down to somewhere around CAD 2200.

2 minutes ago, chunkybees said:

I like it thanks so much 

Sure thing, that's what this forum is for. If you have questions regarding alternatives that come to your mind, ask away. There's always someone knowledgable around to help you out.