Anyone reading any books during quarantine?

PurplDrank

While not in actual quarantine--where I live is under a stay at home order except for getting essentials--I'm being a good girl and staying at home as much as possible so I have been doing a lot more reading. I'm already a voracious reader so I'm really tearing through books now, expecially since there isn't very much worth watching on TV.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

I just finished The Question Concerning Technology and Other Essays by Martin Heidegger. Very interesting read, but very dense. 

Now I'm reading the collected works of Franz Kafka. 

Here's my current reading stacks:

IMG_20200406_171009__01.thumb.jpg.2381ed5385079fa2ac51a10562867175.jpgIMG_20200406_171119.thumb.jpg.7a67e7c537110021a4129e0b21a1bc15.jpg

Unfortunate for my reading, I'm still working from home, so my total amount of reading haven't really botched. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Abandoned in Hell_ The Fight for Vietnam's Fire Base Kate by William Albracht

I just finished the Star Trek: Prometheus novels and am about to start reading George Orwell's 1984. I didn't spend too much time reading though, I mostly did diy stuff at home.

Decided to read Romeo and Juliet because i slipped most of ninth grade, so I never had that experience, and my gf was absolutely mind blown that I haven’t read it.

It was complete shit if you ask me, the whole time I was like “why”

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

The Witcher series too. Only got 3 of the books though.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

I've started reading the actual novel for Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer, which turns out is a series, and I've got to stop reading it in bed because I keep staying up way too late reading.

I do have The Neverending Story I want to read at some point. At one point (a decade ago), I also had The Chronicles of Narnia series in one giant book. I’m seriously kicking myself for not keeping that. Wolf’s Bluff and Wolf’s Gambit (by W.D Gagliani) are interesting, if occasionally rather graphic reads as well. Books can be remarkably detailed in this regard. For some reason, I also ended up with my Dad’s book of making bootleg liquor. Might be useful if the lockdowns persist for a long time. 😛

I’d been doing more writing than reading as of late though. Nothing that will likely ever see the light of the internet, but having characters to call my own is a nice change. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, seanondemand said:

...I've got to stop reading it in bed because I keep staying up way too late reading.

I'm guilty of doing the same thing if I'm reading a good book. Fortunately, I'm retired and can get away with sleeping in the next morning.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

6 hours ago, PurplDrank said:

Anyone reading any books during quarantine? I just finished The Witcher Blood of Elves. 

I just finished that one as well.  I liked it better than The Last Wish.

I’ve been reading the Rise of Skywalker novelization. So far pretty good. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I have to read the prince, SPQR, some other history books, Star Wars legends (comic books) 

some japanese horror by a guy called “ito” or something. 

I also have warhammer Horus heresy. 

a dictator's handbook, i read this one using someone's kindle.

other than that, i really want dougal dickson's men after men, a spec-zoo artbook about how human would evovlve

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

22 hours ago, PurplDrank said:

Anyone reading any books during quarantine? I just finished The Witcher Blood of Elves. 

How did you like it?

On 4/7/2020 at 5:01 AM, rafitafi said:

How did you like it?

Less complicated than A song of fire and ice books

• 3 weeks later...