CORTANA IS DEAD

So guys , Ive had this problem over and over again. Cortana , after I have completely reinstalled windows seems to work for a day or two but after that all the settings seem to disappear. No , I haven't downloaded anything weird just standard stuff like CCleaner and what not maybe Malwarebytes and those are the only two things really. But yeh my cortana settings and the ability to respond to Hey Cortana seems to just disappear. One of the main downloads that I did which I thought maybe killed Cortana was a program called Spybot Anti Beacon , but I restored all my settings to default and it still doesn't work , now im just left with cortana looking like this. Anyway I know its far fetched to post worries about cortana on a page like this but if someone knows what the fix is that would be SMASHING

wtttfff.PNG

10 minutes ago, screwbottle said:

Cortana , after I have completely reinstalled windows seems to work for a day or two but after that all the settings seem to disappear.

Microsoft doesn't support Cortana any longer and recent Windows-updates remove it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

Microsoft doesn't support Cortana any longer and recent Windows-updates remove it.

Thats what I thought as well. Microsoft stopped Cortana...

Personally, I was never too fond of it, pretty annoying actually. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

11 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Not true at all. Microsoft have changed the way she works dramatically, she is now a UWP app instead of a Windows service and they scaled back some of her features but she isn't going anywhere.

IIRC these changes are coming on Windows build 2004 which is due this month but as of right now my Cortana is still working normally.

EDIT - So actually you were half correct. They've killed her on iOS & Android and on Windows builds that are end of support they now disable her but as long as you're running one of the three latest builds of Windows 10, 2004 (20H1), 1909 (19H2) or 1903 (19H1) (and currently 1809 until 2004 releases), she should still be working.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

So , does my cortana settings look exactly like everyone elses? Im confused. Im running Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 and you are saying it isnt a bug thats caused my cortana to not respond to "Hey Cortana" and instead its been removed in a windows update?

31 minutes ago, screwbottle said:

So , does my cortana settings look exactly like everyone elses? Im confused. Im running Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 and you are saying it isnt a bug thats caused my cortana to not respond to "Hey Cortana" and instead its been removed in a windows update?

It hasn't been removed.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Then is there an explanation to why my cortana settings look like that

Installing a fresh Windows on your PC just got one step shorter!

When windows 10 first came out, I worked really hard to kill her, but the lengths Microsoft would go to re-enable that garbage was mind boggling. She would always randomly come back until I renamed her app folder and then she finally shut up and stopped slowing down my PC.

First you install CCleaner and then you complain that something is missing. :)