[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

On 6/7/2016 at 3:44 PM, Iankiller99 said:

Anyone know the best way to clean the sidepanel window?

On 6/7/2016 at 4:03 PM, airdeano said:

using a microfiber cloth and water is what i use.

Don't use microfiber, it can scratch as it's made of polyester. The only thing you should use to wipe down perspex or acrylic is a microfilament cloth. They are abrasion resistant and lint free. A company called Novus sell them (Polish Mates they are called) which I've used myself. They also make plastic polish which is very good for getting rid of minor scratches. Alternatively, it sounds crazy, but you can also use a diaper... unused of course. :)

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

sorry, but my fiber cloths do not scratch my windows (being phanteks, nzxt, caselabs, corsair). a devoted cloth for nothing but side panels.

Fellow H440 owners

Do you keep the HDD sleds inside the case? And do you use the fan hub?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

29 minutes ago, airdeano said:

sorry, but my fiber cloths do not scratch my windows (being phanteks, nzxt, caselabs, corsair). a devoted cloth for nothing but side panels.

Not all fiber cloths are made the same, and can consist of a wide variety of polyesters and polyamides, including nylon, kevlar, polypropylene etc. They won't all necessarily scratch, but the general advice is not to use them for cleaning perspex/acrylic, and a known non-abrasive micro-filament will always be the safer choice. Even then, you should dispose of after single use. A single particle gets lodged on the cloth and you can easily scratch your window. If you're reusing a microfiber, you will get micro scratches on your window eventually, 100% guaranteed.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

22 hours ago, Iankiller99 said:

or at least just get the dust off, would a swiffer duster scratch it?

a fart would scratch it

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Hello guys, i probably will have the money to give a treat to myself!

So, i am either  going to buy the H440 or the S340. I want to know if the black variend has LEDs under it. Thanks in advance!

Project "Transcend": i7 7700k-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my freshly completed black on black H440. 

Specs:

Asus Deluxe z170 

Intel i7 6700k 

Asus Strix GTX970 

NZXT X61 Kraken

Coolermaster 1050W PSU

Front 3 Intake fans are Thermaltake Riing 120mm with Controller. Rear exhaust is a Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm. and Rad fans are the standard NZXT 140s that come with the Kraken

G.Skill Ripjaws 3200mhz RAM 8GB x2

Samsung Evo 500gb SSD & 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Have a few UV and white 3mm LEDs inside left over from waterblocks I used to use in a custom loop giving it a bit of light.

84bb31e7-1599-4665-8e3c-11ce39873d7c.jpg

0fcca836-47f7-464d-afba-3c4bfde9d4c4.jpg

1 hour ago, zubar said:

snip

Whenever I do end up building my PC, I want to use the matte black H440. Looks real noice.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Guys, i've bought the nzxt hue+  and i have the nzxt h440, does anyone know the "perfect" spot to connect 'em ?

Please tell me someone managed to put a rubber grommet in the psu shroud hole. I want to buy an h440 v2 but that thing's driving me crazy. 

Hi, I just bought this beautiful case and I have a question. How can I connect the 3pin hub in the back in a way that I have control over fan speeds? I really hope its possible because it would SUCK so bad otherwise.

Do I have to connect the molex? According to this http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2851219/plug-h440-fan-hub.html I HAVE to connect the molex and cant control the speed. The next answer says DONT CONNECT molex and just connect it to motherboard fan connector.

On 6/8/2016 at 5:59 PM, thekeemo said:

Fellow H440 owners

I only kept the bottom one, to act as a cover for the cabling down there.  I did not use the fan hub since my motherboard has the ability to control speeds of individual fans.  

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

I want to put this kind of plate at the rear of my case to mount SSDs / clean up cable routing. The picture is from a Fractal Design case, but I was wondering if anybody had done this kind of a mod in their H440? 

I was also wondering about making removal of this kind of a panel toolless. Is there any danger of using small magnets to keep it in place if I only have SSDs in the case or would velcro be a better choice if I go that route?

Vertical SSD mount.jpeg

On 09.06.2016. at 2:59 AM, thekeemo said:

Fellow H440 owners

I removed all the sleds but the one im using . Put it into the lowest mount , because the sleds are quite thick , and it does help that they dont obstruct the fans . 

On 08.07.2016. at 0:10 PM, Hvezdy said:

Hi, I just bought this beautiful case and I have a question. How can I connect the 3pin hub in the back in a way that I have control over fan speeds? I really hope its possible because it would SUCK so bad otherwise.

Do I have to connect the molex? According to this http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2851219/plug-h440-fan-hub.html I HAVE to connect the molex and cant control the speed. The next answer says DONT CONNECT molex and just connect it to motherboard fan connector.

If i remember right , the hub uses the molex connector for power . That means without modifications , the hub is not meant to be controlled . It doesnt have the 4th pin for the PWM signal . 

If you are still using the stock fans , i dont really see the need for a controller , they are whisper quiet even on full blow . 

Short answer , no its not doable . 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

This has probably been answered a 100 times but this is a long thread and I can't find a way of searching it.

My first build in about 10 years so go easy on me....

I have an Asus Formula VIII motheboard, what do I need to do to get fan control from the motherboard as at the moment the standard case fans are all being controlled from the onboard fan controller.

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums.

@SirV  the h440 has a fan hub (not controller).

you'd move the fan harnesses to the motherboard (instead of the fan hub).

Hey guys,

I just bought the H440 and have two questions.

First off, does the Grid+ v2 fit in the case if I remove the stock fan hub?

I am afraid its to thick for the computer to close.

Seconds, what cables do I need to remove to get rid of the flickering power button?

HDD LED ? Activity LED ?

Thank you!

1. i do not believe so as the GRID+ is thicker (plasitcal housing). the standoff for the hub might not be the best placement, prolly in the HDD sled or the HDD area or secured to the HDD mount on the front floor.

2. the HDD activity LED (HDD_LED).

• 4 weeks later...

So I am expecting to receive my H440 tomorrow , any tips on which fans I should use to make sure it gets optimized air flow?  I have been hearing that proper air flow is an issue for it , which is rather worrying and I dont want to switch over to a watercooled setup 

2 minutes ago, TheRealZenith said:

So I am expecting to receive my H440 tomorrow , any tips on which fans I should use to make sure it gets optimized air flow?  I have been hearing that proper air flow is an issue for it , which is rather worrying and I dont want to switch over to a watercooled setup 

I mean the stock fans are good enough, (more quiet than AF-120's imo)

17 minutes ago, TheRealZenith said:

Oh wow :/ usually the stock fans with cases aren't exactly that good, NZXT must have stepped up their game. 

• 2 months later...

Can anyone let me know If I can 1x 360mm rad on top and one more on front ? 

2 hours ago, TheRealZenith said:

Can anyone let me know If I can 1x 360mm rad on top and one more on front ? 

you can fit 2x 360 (one roof/one front) but you'll have to give up on one fan slot to accommodate the tubing/end tank installation:

85ad535e_AllJg5B.jpeg

a 360x60 in the front and a 240/280 in the roof is more than enough to control an overvolted CPU/2x GPU. the case is just too small for the dual 360 installation.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would post my build here for people looking for idea's of what is possible with this case, I know I lurked this forum a lot for inspiration when I was building mine. 

Specs:

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7GHz (Waterblock: EK Supreme HF Cu)
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2000MHz
Graphics Card: MSI GTX 1070 Aero @ 2100MHz Core / 4600MHz Memory (Waterblock: EK Full Cover with Backplate)
Mobo: Asus Z97-AR
SSD 1: Samsung EVO 120GB
SSD 2: OCZ Agility 3 120GB
HHD1: Western Digital Black 1TB
Radiators: Alphacool 240mm / Magicool 360mm
Pump / Res: EK-XRES 140 DDC 3.2 PWM Elite

Fans: 5x Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition / 1x Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition
PSU: 700W Silverstone Strider Titanium

20161104_120613.jpg

20161104_120647.jpg

20161104_121029.jpg

20161104_121642.jpg