144hz and 60hz = Lag in games

Hello guys, recently I upgraded to a 144hz monitor and I wanted to keep my 60hz one to be a second monitor for twitch chat etc,but when I use it my FPS are so bad in games and I have a mode on my 144hz one that it is showing my Hz and when I use the second one while the 144hz one is running the Hz on the 144 one are going crazy down, how can I fix it? Because I know it is something from the AMD graphics card, i'm not that good with their software, i used to have a Nvidia GPU, any tips? Where is the setting ? This new Adrenaline 2020 its kinda blowing me away

First, ddu all drivers, new and old. Then, plug both monitors into the GPU. Lastly, run your games in full screen, not borderless windoe

Just now, 5x5 said:

First, ddu all drivers, new and old. Then, plug both monitors into the GPU. Lastly, run your games in full screen, not borderless windoe

what is ddu ? I'm not that great at computers 😃

2 minutes ago, neacsumarius said:

what is ddu ? I'm not that great at computers 😃

Display Driver Uninstaller

It will not help you in this case though, this is a know issue thats tied to how Windows works.

The only workaround that works reliably is to make sure that you run the games in a true FullScreen mode, avoid using Windowed or FullScreen Borderless modes. It is annoying because you will have to ALT+TAB out of the game if you want to do stuff on the other monitor but thats about the only downside to this.

Just now, WereCat said:

Display Driver Uninstaller

It will not help you in this case though, this is a know issue thats tied to how Windows works.

The only workaround that works reliably is to make sure that you run the games in a true FullScreen mode, avoid using Windowed or FullScreen Borderless modes. It is annoying because you will have to ALT+TAB out of the game if you want to do stuff on the other monitor but thats about the only downside to this.

well i play my games in fullscreen but still same thing, so there is no fix , right?

1 minute ago, neacsumarius said:

well i play my games in fullscreen but still same thing, so there is no fix , right?

force full screen in the Windows launch options of the application. A lot of games run in fake fullscreen aka borderless window

3 minutes ago, neacsumarius said:

try what @5x5 mentioned, also make sure the Game Mode is ENABLED in Windows. The game then should take the priority for refresh rate when runing at full screen as well.

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

force full screen in the Windows launch options of the application. A lot of games run in fake fullscreen aka borderless window

do you mind telling me how to do that? If you have time, thanks.

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

try what @5x5 mentioned, also make sure the Game Mode is ENABLED in Windows. The game then should take the priority for refresh rate when runing at full screen as well.

hey again, then can you help me how to force game with windows launch options? I dont really know how

1 minute ago, neacsumarius said:

hey again, then can you help me how to force game with windows launch options? I dont really know how

You should be able to just hit left ALT + ENTER to switch between windowed and FullScreen modes when the game is opened

Ive yet to see any sort of workaround with 2 monitor setup to get one to not down the FPS gaming monitor when working on the other (soon as you click it and it becomes the main desktop).  Not sure why you would need one?

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

4 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Ive yet to see any sort of workaround with 2 monitor setup to get one to not down the FPS gaming monitor when working on the other (soon as you click it and it becomes the main desktop).  Not sure why you would need one?

streaming

1 hour ago, neacsumarius said:

Hello guys, recently I upgraded to a 144hz monitor and I wanted to keep my 60hz one to be a second monitor for twitch chat etc,but when I use it my FPS are so bad in games and I have a mode on my 144hz one that it is showing my Hz and when I use the second one while the 144hz one is running the Hz on the 144 one are going crazy down, how can I fix it? Because I know it is something from the AMD graphics card, i'm not that good with their software, i used to have a Nvidia GPU, any tips? Where is the setting ? This new Adrenaline 2020 its kinda blowing me away

Incase DDU and reinstalling drivers didnt change anything did you set the 144hz as main monitor on windows settings? is the cable you are using pluged in the HDMI or DP port no1 (or A, the main port according to your GPU's manual)  ? 

If not try this too, did it change anything?