GPU runs significantly cooler with side panel off

spiralzebra

I have a Fractal Design Meshify C and an RTX 2080, I didn't add any extra fans to the case (other than the ones for my CPUs H110i). While playing Fallen Order, my GPU was reaching 80c with the side panel on. I tried removing it, and the temps dropped to 69c eventually. What I wanna know is how can I improve the airflow inside my case so this doesn't happen? I've uploaded a picture of my case as it currently is. Is the top rear fan an exhaust fan? If it isn't, would flipping it around help the issue?

a860aeb3-86a8-42ad-b86f-f124e4f1d338.jpg

Your rear fan is exhausting, your fans on the AIO are intaking, so they are blowing hot air right on your GPU.

Switch those to exhaust, and maybe try adding another front fan.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

If your top fans are intake, you're blowing against the GPU fans, which is creating turbulence most likely. Make the top fans exhaust instead.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 hours ago, spiralzebra said:

I have a Fractal Design Meshify C and an RTX 2080, I didn't add any extra fans to the case (other than the ones for my CPUs H110i). While playing Fallen Order, my GPU was reaching 80c with the side panel on. I tried removing it, and the temps dropped to 69c eventually. What I wanna know is how can I improve the airflow inside my case so this doesn't happen? I've uploaded a picture of my case as it currently is. Is the top rear fan an exhaust fan? If it isn't, would flipping it around help the issue?

a860aeb3-86a8-42ad-b86f-f124e4f1d338.jpg

Take out the spare Pci-e slot covers, I lowered 5'c by doing that alone. 

8 hours ago, Theguywhobea said:

Your rear fan is exhausting, your fans on the AIO are intaking, so they are blowing hot air right on your GPU.

Switch those to exhaust, and maybe try adding another front fan.

I flipped my AIO fans over to exhaust and my temps went up on my processor, both at idle and at load. My idle used to be ~26-27C, now it's at about 30-35 (sometimes 40!), and in game my max temps I was seeing in Fallen Order went up slightly from 50-55 to 55-62. Is this normal, or should I reseat my AIO?

@spiralzebra is the front fan intake?

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

5 hours ago, spiralzebra said:

or should I reseat my AIO?

Move it to front intake. 

9 hours ago, spiralzebra said:

I flipped my AIO fans over to exhaust and my temps went up on my processor, both at idle and at load. My idle used to be ~26-27C, now it's at about 30-35 (sometimes 40!), and in game my max temps I was seeing in Fallen Order went up slightly from 50-55 to 55-62. Is this normal, or should I reseat my AIO?

That sounds pretty normal dude, I wouldn't worry about it. Bet your GPU temps went down.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂