The BEST Wireless Gaming Headset (and the worst...)

ColinLTT

Here's the EQ tunes for you!

Unfortunately I'm mostly unable to export them for you guys to use directly, so you'll just have to recreate it from these images. The Equalizer APO one however I can export, and I've provided it below. 

https://www.floatplane.com/video/b2ZPC4VthE

Buy Steelseries Arctis 7 On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/QB5Alz On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/SAj0W

Buy Logitech G935 On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/PVBj On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/vSz0wuv

Buy Astro A50 On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/QiHB On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/mD0A

Buy Corsair Virtuoso RGB On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/xPNQT On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/6A2i

Buy HyperX Cloud Flight On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/946R8F On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/5uQ9

Astro A50 Custom Tune.PNG

Corsair iCue Equalizer Settings.PNG

HyperX Cloud Flight LTT EqualizerAPO Tune.PNG

Logitech G935 Equalizer.png

Steelseries Arctis 7 EQ.PNG

HyperX Cloud Flight LTT EqualizerAPO Tune.csv HyperX Cloud Flight LTT EqualizerAPO Tune.txt

how can I balance my own personal headphones? (i got a razer kraken 7.1 v2)

Just as mentioned on the Floatplane comments is that we miss the microphone samples. I now see it as a headphone review instead of a headset review.

Also maybe off topic. I see that these headsets are rather expensive. Maybe it is smart to do some kind of Headset vs Headphones combined with a dedicated microphone setup that is affordable.

Greetings, Leander

On 3/21/2020 at 1:26 PM, EnderDeath said:

how can I balance my own personal headphones? (i got a razer kraken 7.1 v2)

A great starting place is to hop over to rtings.com and find your headset - Here's the profile for the V2 - https://www.rtings.com/headphones/1-3-1/graph#499/3161

Now either using equalizer APO or whatever included EQ Razer has, try equalizing the levels by adjusting up or down Db according to that graph and where your adjustment points are, you're essentially trying to flatten that curve. Now that will do a great job out of the box, but fine tuning can be done by ear to improve further, as there are manufacturing variances between sets. 

This came just in time, with this whole staying at home thing I was getting tired of having to do work conference calls and gaming with friends on my BT headset where you're limited to the telephone quality "handsfree" sound when you want to use the microphone...

Just got my G935s, a bit big and heavy but they sound absolutely gorgeous indeed, microphone is good and versatility is great, cool that you can mix the 3.5mm input and wireless. 

Given EQ sounds perfect, just make sure you haven't enabled surround when you want it effective.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I picked up a 2019 Arctis 7 a few weeks ago and it has been fantastic!

Intel Core i7 13700k  // 32GB Corsair Vengeance 5600mhz

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming 24G // ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI

Samsung 980 Pro NVME 2TB // Seasonic Prime 1300W Gold

Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh White 

• 3 weeks later...

got my virtuoso a few weeks ago and  i really love them :D

Wanted to try your guys' Arctis 7 preset with my PROs but I guess I can't since the EQs seem completely different (despite having the same speakers).....
RIP me.

You may also try this EQ for Arctis 7's:
image.png.c581fc256f0ae902c9694bd1693402ab.png
I made this quite a long time ago and I think it sounds much more clear compared to default EQ.

For equalizer APO, do you just install the software, select your headphones and open the file or is there anything else you need to do ?

i have hyperx cloud alpha can i get equalizer program and it's settings ? :)

I bought Arctis 7 in 2019, and it's been great. The mic is ok, the speakers are ok, the fit is great for my head, but the best feature for me is that it contains two sound drivers (game and chat). And your right cup has a wheel to turn down one driver while the other stay the same. So when you're in late game on PUBG you can easily turn down your hyped teammates and focus your attention on footsteps and other sounds.

This is a feature a lot of reviews (this included) fail to mention. I literally can't go back to a normal headset after the Arctis 7.

Some more info about the Corsair Virtuoso:

For whatever reason, they tested the SE version of the Virtuoso even though their script and title in the video refer to the standard version. This makes a big difference mainly in the mic quality. For whatever reason, the mic on the SE is actually trash compared to the default version which is kind of funny. Seriously...it's horrendous...just listen to the default mic and the mic test on the LTT video.

Many are not a fan of those aluminum side panels. The weird hole design for the RGB Corsair logo is kinda...well...weird. Some people have issues with them getting clogged with dust or debris which creates an uneven lighting effect. They also subtract heavily from the brightness of the RGB. My standard Virtuosos can get bright.

Both models have an incredibly annoying flaw, though, and that's the earcups. Many buyers of the Virtuoso have complained that their ears push against the driver grill and cause serious pain. I also experienced this issue and could only wear the headset for ~40 minutes before the pain became unbearable. I eventually bought these replacement earpads and they are a must have for Virtuoso owners, and I can not stress that enough.

Also, just use the Bass Boost profile in iCue. Fixes the headset EQ like a charm. I did try the one LTT provided though and it's pretty nice as well but just not my personal preference. I appreciate the custom EQ, though. The default tuning of the Virtuosos is laughable.

I was a bit dissapointed that your video didn't mention the actual size of the headsets. Those of us cursed with a large head have issues finding a headset that not only sound great but that's also comfortable to wear. 

is there a way to tell on the Logitechs the numbers, it's hard to tell if its a -4 or -5 from the picture.

Are the G935's better than the wired Logitech G Pro X's? From online reviews, everyone says the G Pro X's sound clearer but mine have really muddy surround sound and I am considering returning them. 

11 minutes ago, Dschwab said:

is there a way to tell on the Logitechs the numbers, it's hard to tell if its a -4 or -5 from the picture.

The logitech SW doesn't show any numbers unfortunately, but it's pretty easy to set up with the pictures side by side, the steps are kinda big.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

No headphone jack wtf

42 minutes ago, Tordal said:

I bought Arctis 7 in 2019, and it's been great. The mic is ok, the speakers are ok, the fit is great for my head, but the best feature for me is that it contains two sound drivers (game and chat). And your right cup has a wheel to turn down one driver while the other stay the same. So when you're in late game on PUBG you can easily turn down your hyped teammates and focus your attention on footsteps and other sounds.

This is a feature a lot of reviews (this included) fail to mention. I literally can't go back to a normal headset after the Arctis 7.

Nice, didn't know of that and indeed definitely should have been in the review.

I use voicemeeter for that functionality plus more.

F@H

GPD Win 2

I have the Logitech G930 and have had them for a few years. I decided I wanted to upgrade to something newer, so I went with the Corsair Virtuoso (the nicer aluminium one). Mostly because of the "seamless frequency switching" they offer - which does kinda work. When I first turned them on and listen to just people talking (Achievement Hunter) they sounded horrible! It sounded like they were talking into a tin can that was inside of a garbage bin. No amount of EQing would remedy it. I spent 3 days trying with no success. So I ended up sending them back, and going back to my lovely G930's. I have a decent EQ profile for the G930's that make everything sound amazing. Whether it's voices through really high quality mics and preamps, or music that has a good source, they sound amazing. Not to mention the programmable buttons which can do just about anything (especially with AutoHotkey). I have mine set up to ALT+TAB and spacebar, this way I can alt-tab out of a game and pause whatever music or podcast I'm listing to when someone tries to talk to me.

The thing that always pisses me off is the fact that the power button is finicky as hell. If you don't hold it for five seconds, they won't power off. Something that was very refreshing when I tired the Virtuoso's. But the newer Logitech headsets now have a power switch, so that's been fixed at least. You can't connect them to something else via an aux cable, but I don't care mostly because I use these only for my pc at home. I have other headphones I use for travel. The software for the G930's is older, but isn't all to clunky IMO and actually works very well and is easier to use than iCUE (having used both). Also, I have replaced the ear cups and battery, which both were very easy to do and cheap to boot.

Having a headset that, out of box, sound and functions pretty well is a huge bonus. But having ones that can be fine tuned without much time taken is even bigger. I think it maybe took me all of 15 or 20 mins total to EQ and configure my headset the way I wanted, whereas with the Virtuoso's it took nearly 3 damn days. At the end of the day, I don't know why I even tried something else and regret wasting my time. Logitech has nailed it pretty square, and when I'm ready to upgrade away from the G930's, it will be with the G935's (or whatever is equivalent at the time). I think that's why the Logitech's may have won this video.

EDIT: in the spoiler below is a screenshot of my EQ preset for the G930's.

Spoiler

688050240_G930EQ.PNG.f3c82fae8b0206dbaed5091847b1896d.PNG

34 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

No headphone jack wtf

Difficulties to read the title ? "BEST Wireless"

Which DTS SSM do you recommend for the G633, which i guess are quiet alike with the G933.

Edited by Blizz Wizz
Unfinished text