Case screws missing, what screws should I buy?

Gazeley

I got to building my PC for the second time around, this time I've realised that the accessory kit for the Carbide SPEC-06 appears to be missing. The amazon person is offering a discount on the case or a whole return, the latter of which just isn't worth the effort. Apparently sending the screws isn't a viable option. Does anyone know where I can find these specific screws/motherboard standoffs to buy?

7 minutes ago, Gazeley said:

I got to building my PC for the second time around, this time I've realised that the accessory kit for the Carbide SPEC-06 appears to be missing. The amazon person is offering a discount on the case or a whole return, the latter of which just isn't worth the effort. Apparently sending the screws isn't a viable option. Does anyone know where I can find these specific screws/motherboard standoffs to buy? 

Sorry I've reposted, I got no responses on the last one and I'm stuck until someone can give me some advice really

What screws are missing?

There's like 5 sorts of screws you need:

- Case screws (#6-32 screw) (I'm gonna assume you do have these)

- motherboard standoffs (#6-32 male and female threading) (10 or less, depends on your mobo size)

- motherboard screws (#6-32 screw) (10 or less, depends on your mobo size)

- HDD/optical drive screws (#6-32 screw) (4 per HDD/optical drive)

- SSD screws (M3 screw) (4 per SSD, realistically you could not bother with screws too).

Those are basically the essentials. How many you need of all depends on what you are going to use.

I indicated how many you needed behind the screw type.

Best option is probably seeing if someone on whatever store you like is selling a bag of the 'essential' PC screws, which should a set of the screws listed above (except for case screws).

EDIT: oh and you need 4 screws for your PSU, these are the #6-32 screws too, usually with a different head.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Did you contact Corsair?  I know Fractal Designs is very responsive if things are missing.  The provided me with spare screws and in one case a bad front panel header on three occasions.  Alternatively, Amazon offer a variety of PC screw sets and are reasonably priced.  I bought one several years ago just in case there was a particular screw I needed.  I also keep all the screws from past builds just in case.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

33 minutes ago, minibois said:

What screws are missing?

- motherboard standoffs (#6-32 male and female threading) (10 or less, depends on your mobo size)

- SSD screws (M3 screw) (4 per SSD, realistically you could not bother with screws too).

Those are basically the essentials. How many you need of all depends on what you are going to use.

Best option is probably seeing if someone on whatever store you like is selling a bag of the 'essential' PC screws, which should a set of the screws listed above (except for case screws).

EDIT: oh and you need 4 screws for your PSU, these are the #6-32 screws too, usually with a different head.

The whole ‘accessories’ kit is missing, so everything you just mentioned. 

19 minutes ago, Alan G said:

Did you contact Corsair?  I know Fractal Designs is very responsive if things are missing.  The provided me with spare screws and in one case a bad front panel header on three occasions.  Alternatively, Amazon offer a variety of PC screw sets and are reasonably priced.  I bought one several years ago just in case there was a particular screw I needed.  I also keep all the screws from past builds just in case.

I contacted amazon and they gave me a discount, so I figure I should use it to buy the screws. So any old pc case essentials kits should do fine? Yeah I wish I had, but 16 year old me probably put them somewhere and forgot about them immediately. 

1 hour ago, minibois said:

What screws are missing?

Sorry if it's late where ever you are. https://www.amazon.co.uk/FandWay-Personal-Computer-Motherboard-Standoffs/dp/B082HDFT6C/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=pc+case+screws&qid=1584659392&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE4MUxFWFZQTFdWQjQmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAzMjM0NzkyS0VJOUNEODlaWEtEJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0NDc2ODIxMEczRzUwRzROQVNXJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ== I assume this will have me covered? (It's the motherboard and all mounting screws I need. The SSD screw I had, the external case screws too. 

9 minutes ago, Gazeley said:

Yes, that will have every screw needed.

Of course there is more than needed (in terms of variety and quantity), as you of course don't need the case screws, SSD screws and likely a bunch of the motherboard/HDD screws too (unless you will install like 12 HDD's that is )

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Yes, that will have every screw needed.

Of course there is more than needed (in terms of variety and quantity), as you of course don't need the case screws, SSD screws and likely a bunch of the motherboard/HDD screws too (unless you will install like 12 HDD's that is )

Thank you! You've been a great help once again

On 3/19/2020 at 4:56 PM, Gazeley said:

accept the discount and buy screws for desktop computers , will be the same screws for all desktops ... you have something like this here , or just search for motherboard standoffs if it is just that you want