Has anyone painted their Corsair ML120 Pro RGB fan frames?

Bashrag
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
16 hours ago, AkshayRao27 said:

Sorry, but not very helpful, honestly. I already mentioned that I have a bunch of ML fans - no reason to buy an entire set of new ones. 

I don't plan to paint the fans! Didn't you read the post? I only want to paint the frame ._.

As said they cannot be taken apart without damaging them as they are the Maglev series of fans which are a bit more complex than your regular sleeved or fluid type bearing fan. You can tape around the blades and around the rotor to paint the frame if you so desire, which is common practice.

I am planning to put a fully white build together and will be painting my Rads white. I already have several Corsair ML120 Pro RGB fans and would like to paint their frames white (I don't care about painting the fan blades - only the frames). I know it's possible to take some fans apart and put them back together, but I haven't been able to find any guides for the ML120. Does anyone know if it can be done safely?

39 minutes ago, AkshayRao27 said:

I am planning to put a fully white build together and will be painting my Rads white. I already have several Corsair ML120 Pro RGB fans and would like to paint their frames white (I don't care about painting the fan blades - only the frames). I know it's possible to take some fans apart and put them back together, but I haven't been able to find any guides for the ML120. Does anyone know if it can be done safely?

they sell white ql and ll fans. others say don't take corsair fans apart and don't paint the fan only the frame if you do.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

19 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

they sell white ql and ll fans.

Sorry, but not very helpful, honestly. I already mentioned that I have a bunch of ML fans - no reason to buy an entire set of new ones. 

19 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

others say don't take corsair fans apart and don't paint the fan only the frame if you do.

I don't plan to paint the fans! Didn't you read the post? I only want to paint the frame ._.

As said they cannot be taken apart without damaging them as they are the Maglev series of fans which are a bit more complex than your regular sleeved or fluid type bearing fan. You can tape around the blades and around the rotor to paint the frame if you so desire, which is common practice.

And the user is saying to paint the frame without taking them apart.  As W-L said, taping over the parts you don't want painted should suffice.  My only real concern is the possibility of the paint cracking when you screw it back in.  You might look into some rubber washers.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

7 hours ago, W-L said:

6 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

And the user is saying to paint the frame without taking them apart.  As W-L said, taping over the parts you don't want painted should suffice.  My only real concern is the possibility of the paint cracking when you screw it back in.  You might look into some rubber washers.

Noted. I'll spend some time masking the fans. Thanks everyone ^^