Need Help with choosing CPU air cooler

shadowss

Hello i have a ryzen 3600 and have tried to use the stock cooler and im not happy with the results it runs idle between 49-73 most of the time about 63 degrees celsius 

so i would like to get a new cooler for it but not sure whích could you people help me choosing a cooler for it? 

Btw have no plan of overclocking it 

thx you

8 minutes ago, shadowss said:

Hello i have a ryzen 3600 and have tried to use the stock cooler and im not happy with the results it runs idle between 49-73 most of the time about 63 degrees celsius 

Why are you not happy? What's wrong with these temps?

on idle about 63 when i start a game its about 80-95 degrees 

maybe its just me but think that a little high 
for exsample when i play wizard of legend  the game really dont need much the cpu wont go under 80 degrees celsius

i live in denmark and my budget is about 1000 danish crowns its about 150 dolars

6 hours ago, shadowss said:

on idle about 63 when i start a game its about 80-95 degrees 

maybe its just me but think that a little high 
for exsample when i play wizard of legend  the game really dont need much the cpu wont go under 80 degrees celsius

Shouldn’t run that hot.  Even with poor case cooling.  I suspect bad cooler seating.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

well the cooler is the stock cooler which came with the cpu

the cpu that i used in my old build where i used an i7-4790k my temperatures didn't go over 70 degrees celsius under load 

but i used another cooler than the stock cooler 

so that is why i want a new cooler also have hear from a lot of people the stock cooler just isent good for the 3600 

not sure if its true or not but just what i heard and was shown

could any of you tell me which is better the Noctua NH-D15 or the Noctua NH-U12A 

cause i can see that the noctua NH-D15 is cheaper in my area than the noctua NH-U12A but is it better or worse 

2 hours ago, shadowss said:

could any of you tell me which is better the Noctua NH-D15 or the Noctua NH-U12A 

cause i can see that the noctua NH-D15 is cheaper in my area than the noctua NH-U12A but is it better or worse 

The d15 is orders of magnitude larger and has a higher wattage rating and is Normally much more expensive.  Cost +75%.  That a dh15 could be cheaper than a d12u is more than a bit bizarre.  The d12u is a well liked cooler but just isn’t THAT awesome. There are more powerful coolers by other companies. The DH15 is more famous because it is one of the largest most powerful air coolers that exist.  It has a TDP of well over 200w.  If a d12u is more expensive to buy that a dh15 but a dh15 fits there is zero reason to purchase a dh12u.

The stock cooler on a 3600 should not be showing idle temps of 60c.  40c or less is more normal for even that cooler.  It sounds very much like something is wrong.  The 3600 (as opposed to the 3600x) cooler isn’t great, but it’s adequate in most applications.  The numbers you are quoting are 15c too high at idle and 10c too high at load for what that cooler should be producing.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Scythe mugen 5 seems to get high marks and only costs 50usd in the states. 

noctua would probably by more premium though in terms of silence and thermals and is within your budget. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

ok i think i will mesure if the nh-d15 can fit in my case then i will choose between the 2 noctua's thx for the advice

the nh-d15 will fit in my  MasterCase H500P so thx a lot for all the advice all of you have given me and i will go with the nh-d15 then since its about 18 dollars cheaper than the nh-u12a