Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vayne778

Any tips to tighten the fan without the screws?

Posted · Original PosterOP

So basically I need to dismantle the front case body to be able to tighten fan with the screws..but I can't remove the front case body.

I'm thinking to use 4 of this, you think it will hold?

20200226_172418.jpg

Zip ties

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Crosshair VIII hero  -  Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB@3.2GHz -  Strix 1070Ti  -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  Lian Li PC-011D  -  H100i RGB Platinum SE  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  PNY OC GTX 1060 3GB- XFX Ghost HD 7770 -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Fractal Design Define C  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro  -  1TB Hitachi@7200RPM   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

the first question i have is why can't you remove the front of the case?

Other than that, yeah zip ties are better, they don't incorporate wire. These things throw them out or tie your garbage bags with them, but don't use them for much else :)

1 hour ago, Caennanu said:

the first question i have is why can't you remove the front of the case?

Other than that, yeah zip ties are better, they don't incorporate wire. These things throw them out or tie your garbage bags with them, but don't use them for much else :)

I buy this PC prebuilt...the case name is Cube Gaming Iklo...the front case looks complicated to remove

check the inside for white pins, they look like this. squeeze them together, it should pop it right off. (should, i have no experience with the actual case)

image.png.64aeb4d3d9a83ef5c7e7f205d04a1b46.png

4 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

check the inside for white pins, they look like this. squeeze them together, it should pop it right off. (should, i have no experience with the actual case)

image.png.64aeb4d3d9a83ef5c7e7f205d04a1b46.png

Im confuse with this one

How to open that one?

20200226_200348.jpg

well, the screws you simply screw, if that is even needed. more often than not, its part of the inner case.

1 minute ago, Caennanu said:

well, the screws you simply screw, if that is even needed. more often than not, its part of the inner case.

Those "black wire" is hard to move even if i remove the screws...

But do you need to actually remove them? 

I have experience with similar cases, and generally it means there are 6 of those white pins i highlighted and you only need to disconnect those to pull off the front.

Else, can you give us / me a picture of the inside, so to take a better look?

Look underneath the case for a hole between the front panel and the case frame. That's often where you need to put your hand and pull firmly to remove the front panel.

Sometimes, there are plastic tabs or screws that need to be pinched / loosened first. Usually, a firm pull is all you need.

iI3TfFo.jpg

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

48 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Sometimes, there are plastic tabs or screws that need to be pinched / loosened first. Usually, a firm pull is all you need.

The first time you pull the plastic panel with the tabs you will likely worry about breaking something. None of the cases I used ever broke, but the plastic tabs do get warn down making it easier to remove.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3900X   AIO: Gamer Storm Castle 360 RGB   Motherboard: ASRock B450 Pro4   Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   GPU: Asus RTX 2060 Super   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Corsair RM750x

8 hours ago, Vayne778 said:

So basically I need to dismantle the front case body to be able to tighten fan with the screws..but I can't remove the front case body.

I'm thinking to use 4 of this, you think it will hold?

20200226_172418.jpg

Ive used these before, they work really well. Use a pair of pliers to pull the two stems:

https://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Pieces-Rubber-Mounting-Screws/dp/B00H9905KA/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2IXT4SJZE45DW&keywords=case+fan+rubber+mounts&qid=1582742841&sprefix=case+fan+rub%2Caps%2C150&sr=8-4

On 2/26/2020 at 3:09 PM, Vayne778 said:

Those "black wire" is hard to move even if i remove the screws...

Thats dust filter mesh and is connected to plastic front panel. Fans will screw into steel case frame thats behind that plastic front panel. So no need to remove those mesh things.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv