Please Remember Your Promise to Compromise on Clickbait & Descriptive Titles

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

I didn't brought anything up, you did. I did not even participate in this discussion. Pay attention, then react and comment.

Ah kk i see now your not the person who made the original comment i quoted. My bad.

Still your post on the size of his company has nothing to do with the subject me and the other user were discussing and you replied to (ratio of subs to views).

I don't really have a problem with the "clickbait" on this channel, because most of the videos I click I still find interesting. You just have to take the titles with a grain of salt. Or... a pile of salt

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

56 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Thats pretty common.

Pewdipie has 105m subs and his views are in the 5-10m range if that.

Pewdipie got a significant number of those subs cause of the whole t-series thing.

15 hours ago, Mr Nobody said:

Good luck with that.

Thanks, but it doesn't take luck.  I just make a choice whether to respond to you or not.  Life is great like that.  Enjoy post farming as you still haven't added anything to this subject or discussion.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

11 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

t-series thing.

What is that?

12 hours ago, TrainFan2020 said:

Or... a pile of

....shit

12 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

Ah kk i see now your not the person who made the original comment i quoted. My bad.

Thats what happens when a quote is inside anothers post and someone highlites to quote.

On 2/19/2020 at 5:44 PM, Tristerin said:

Me: Dialogue about how it does affect them

You: No it wont

Pretty definitive.

Because it wont. Factually it wont.

They lost you as a sub. in the past 30 days they have gained 220k.

So again....how does it effect them?

5 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

So again....how does it effect them?

"They" dont care so long as "they" get paid, and who cares how they go about getting paid so long as they are obeying laws, like paying taxes and not hindering the rules of youtube or whatever.

7 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

Factually

enigo.jpg

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

1 hour ago, Tristerin said:

enigo.jpg

Can you answer how losing 1 while gaining 220k means that 1 they lost matters?

If you have 220k dollars in your pocket and you lose 1 are you going back and looking for that 1 dollar?

6 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Can you answer how losing 1 while gaining 220k means that 1 they lost matters?

If you have 220k dollars in your pocket and you lose 1 are you going back and looking for that 1 dollar?

219,999 subs.  You don't gain, and not count losses.  And you don't get rich, by losing a buck and not caring.  As an employee of Daddy Warren Buffet you don't lose that dollar.  As a business owner as well - same thing.

15 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

If you constantly get, say, 10k subs/month, but lose 20 subs, it'll stupid of you to not question why you're losing existing subs, cause the tables could easily turn and your growth would either stagnate or it's just gonna go down hill.

Gain and loss add up, it can be good for a while, but it can also be bad. 

1 hour ago, Tristerin said:

219,999 subs.  You don't gain, and not count losses.  And you don't get rich, by losing a buck and not caring.  As an employee of Daddy Warren Buffet you don't lose that dollar.  As a business owner as well - same thing.

Im not saying you dont count loses.

But when you gain MUCH MUCH more then you lose by doing what your doing then the loses dont matter as much.

1 hour ago, lewdicrous said:

If you constantly get, say, 10k subs/month, but lose 20 subs, it'll stupid of you to not question why you're losing existing subs, cause the tables could easily turn and your growth would either stagnate or it's just gonna go down hill.

Gain and loss add up, it can be good for a while, but it can also be bad. 

No matter what they do they are going to lose some subs. You cannot please everyone.

But like i told him if your gaining a shit load more then your losing you keep doing what your doing.

Now in the future if those loses start to get bigger and bigger you have to rethink what your doing. But thats not what is happening here.

Someone would have to be an idiot of a business owner to cater to the vast vast minority.

54 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Im not saying you dont count loses.

But when you gain MUCH MUCH more then you lose by doing what your doing then the loses dont matter as much.

No matter what they do they are going to lose some subs. You cannot please everyone.

But like i told him if your gaining a shit load more then your losing you keep doing what your doing.

Now in the future if those loses start to get bigger and bigger you have to rethink what your doing. But thats not what is happening here.

Someone would have to be an idiot of a business owner to cater to the vast vast minority.

You don't get it, and Ill stop after this post. 

He made a promise, a compromise, then reneged on this.  If you don't see the problem - well you can only lead a horse to water, Im not in the business of shoving its head in to drink as well.

22 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

You don't get it, and Ill stop after this post. 

He made a promise, a compromise, then reneged on this.  If you don't see the problem - well you can only lead a horse to water, Im not in the business of shoving its head in to drink as well.

No i get the point of promises broken. 

But they have to look at the business side of things. What you want them to do is a horrible business decision. You act as if they dont know what they are doing and why they do it. 

If you were in their shoes you would do the exact same thing if you actually wanted your business to grow and succeed.

There is no other option on youtube. They dont get to decide what youtubes algorithm  does and doesnt do. They have to play by youtubes rules.

24 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

But they have to look at the business side of things. What you want them to do is a horrible business decision. You act as if they dont know what they are doing and why they do it. 

They made a promise, publicly. Okay, things happen and they can't keep the promise because it's hurting their business. I get that.

Because they made that promise so publicly, decent thing to do would be just doing a quick video on that and something along the lines of : things happen, we can't keep the promise. Or even putting that message on the forum or whatever. That would be great, now they are just ignoring it and that imho makes Linus and Co look like dicks. I know that I will get flamed now but I really don't care, It's not against any rules.

Edited by noxdeouroboros

1 hour ago, RonnieOP said:

That happened in 2018 or 2019 and Linus himself said that it took them a long time to fix it.

Now, if them breaking the promise they made brings back those loses, then we can't just say "we told you so".

So far I have not seen an explanation as to why they stopped doing what they promised they'll do, the fact that we keep getting threads about it just goes to show that trust is slowly fading away.

I don't care that much about them using clickbait, what I care about is them reverting from the deal that they and the viewers made; still using clickbait, but making the titles more informative. Him saying something along the lines of "we're gonna use this naming scheme from now on" on stream, then they start slacking on said naming scheme a couple months later just makes me lose my trust in their word.

No matter what you think about them, if someone breaks their promise and taints your trust in them, then you become wary of what they might say next.

1 minute ago, RonnieOP said:

No i get the point of promises broken. 

But they have to look at the business side of things.

If what they promised turned out to be a bad decision, then they could've at least explained that it wasn't a good idea and that they would stop doing that instead of just stopping without any acknowledgment, then maybe, just maybe, there wouldn't be as many threads about it as we have now.

I hope that there's an explanation from them out there and I'm just mistaken, but I haven't seen it.

13 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

So far I have not seen an explanation as to why they stopped doing what they promised they'll do, the fact that we keep getting threads about it just goes to show that trust is slowly fading away.

Purely profit motive

Money does that.

13 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

They made a promise, publicly. Okay, things happened and they can't keep the promise because it's hurting their business. I get that.

Because they made that promise so publicly, decent thing to do would be just doing a quick video on that and something a long the lines of : things happen, we can't keep the promise. Or even putting that message on the forum or whatever. That would be great, now they are just ignoring it and that imho makes Linus and Co look like dicks. I know that I will get flamed now but I really don't care, It's not against any rules.

I dont disagree with the idea of them addressing it. Personally i dont care if they do but i 100% understand why some would like it.

13 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

That happened in 2018 or 2019 and Linus himself said that it took them a long time to fix it.

Now, if them breaking the promise they made brings back those loses, then we can't just say "we told you so".

I don't care that much about them using clickbait, what I care about is them reverting from the deal that they and the viewers made; still using clickbait, but making the titles more informative. Him saying something along the lines of "we're gonna use this naming scheme from now on" on stream, then they start slacking on said naming scheme a couple months later just makes me lose my trust in their word.

No matter what you think about them, if someone breaks their promise and taints your trust in them, then you become wary of what they might say next.

If what they promised turned out to be a bad decision, then they could've at least explained that it wasn't a good idea and that they would stop doing that instead of just stopping without any acknowledgment, then maybe, just maybe, there wouldn't be as many threads about it as we have now.

I hope that there's an explanation from them out there and I'm just mistaken, but I haven't seen it.

See my post above. 

But the number of people even registered on this forum is a tiny fraction of their viewers. And the number of people on the forum making these threads is a tiny fraction of a tiny fraction.

So if its something that upsets what .5 percent of your viewers? Thats not worthy of making it a priority imo.

Tbh i dont see why anyone would be confused why they do it. Its pretty clear why they do it. Everyone knows how fickle youtubes algorithm is. Do you really need someone to tell you something you already know?

Now granted this is all just my opinion of it. Obv i cant speak for anyone part of lmg.

3 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

So if its something that upsets what .5 percent of your viewers? Thats not worthy of making it a priority imo.

Gonna be my last take on this situation but here it is: If they bothered to make a public promise relating to this then I come to a conclusion that it bothered more people than you think or it bothered Linus, can't know for sure.

1 minute ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Gonna be my last take on this situation but here it is: If they bothered to make a public promise relating to this then I come to a conclusion that it bothered more people than you think or it bothered Linus, can't know for sure.

That is very true. At one point it bothered them enough to make a video about it. I agree 100%. But times change.

Now the question is....does it still bother them. Well obv thats a question only they can give an answer to.

If it were me. The answer would be no. Business seems to be going great, your gaining hundreds of thousands of subs every month, etc. I have faith they know what they are doing and why they need to do it. And the numbers show they are doing whats best for business.

But again. Thats just my opinion. I could be 100% wrong on how they feel about it.

1 minute ago, greenmax said:

Just means their word is worthless!

Everyones word is worthless tbh. Only in fairy tales does the world work relying on anyones word.

8 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

- snip -

The post that they used in the stream as an example of things some people don't want to watch was from a user who made an account just to complain about the titles that they disliked.

Again, breaking a promise without any explanation as to why you did so is a shitty move, especially a very public promise as @noxdeouroboros mentioned.. the whole sponsored stream was centered around them "fixing their titles", I don't care if they keep the current titles, what I care about is them acknowledging that they didn't keep their word.

6 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

If it were me.

Lucky for us that you don't own any fortune 500 or any other companies.

2 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

they didn't keep their word.

A word that was put out very publicly.

1 minute ago, noxdeouroboros said:

or any other companies.

Which at a minimum would cost $50 for a sole proprietor or a few hundred to incorporate.