Basic RTX 2070 Super vs Top RX 5700 XT?

Slazyel
34 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Not based on actual numbers of real issues happening means that this is useless info.

Prove those numbers please, because I have heard no one else claim that 1-in-4 users even have issues, much less a broken card.

A lot of people are having problems with their RTX cards too... Just look at the topics in this forum for proof of that. You need to stop with this hatred, it'll eat you up inside.

...and you should stop with that fanboyism when big YouTube outlets are making videos about how bad amd drivers are I think it's a hint that something' isn't quite right.

OP go RTX they are better, end of the story.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Here is the honest truth. 

Nvidia, when released has better drivers.....every time.  In fact they probably have better drivers period.  Additionally because the 2000 series has been around so long, Nvidia drivers for them are quite mature and stable.

AMD on the other hand always has a rough release of drivers with any new architecture and it always takes longer for them to fix the drivers than it does Nvidia to fix theirs.  Also their software in general is a step behind Nvidia. Combine that with the 5700 series being a new architecture and it is going to be pretty obvious Nvidia is going to have the better drivers at this stage of the game.

However, the 5700 series has been out long enough that AMD's drivers are about 90% caught up to the Nivida's drivers in terms of quality and lack of bugs with very few people CURRENTLY reporting any issues with them. 

Therefore you have to ask yourself this question. "Is it worth paying $100 more for drivers that are 10% better considering both cards have roughly the same performance".  If that answer is yes, then overpay for a Nvidia card.  If not, the save yourself $100 and get a perfectly good 5700xt.

As far as the difference between the different 5700XT, just keep in mind that the performance difference between the cheapest 5700XT and the most expensive 5700XT is about 2-4 fps.  

16 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

...and you should stop with that fanboyism

I'm not being a fanboy... I'm stating fact. The fact is that Youtubers are not the average person, and people that have issues are disproportionately likely to make negative comments about the product when compared to people that never had any issues. (people without any issues tend to play games instead of going on websites that talk about ways to fix the problems with their product)

13 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

Nvidia, when released has better drivers.....every time.

Their RTX driver launch was just as bad as the Navi driver launch... Just check with the reviewers on that for confirmation. Nvidia hasn't launched a new architecture in 2 years however, so they are definitely going to have more stable drivers in general.

Also their software in general is a step behind Nvidia.

Which is what they're trying to fix with the 2020 drivers... Apart from a few teething issues, I think they've easily surpassed Nvidia's software. (not the software support from 3rd parties, just their own software)

However, the 5700 series has been out long enough that AMD's drivers are about 90% caught up to the Nivida's drivers in terms of quality and lack of bugs with very few people CURRENTLY reporting any issues with them. 

It's closer to 98%, as long as you're willing to tweak a few things instead of just plug-and-play. (as has always been the case with AMD) And it is the current state of the drivers that matters most with regard to the value of the card, not the perception and rhetoric left over from launch.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

On 2/12/2020 at 4:17 PM, Trystanrak said:

It really depends on the games that you are playing really. I found I got a ryzen processor which was awesome so I went to try a Rx graphics card as well. What I found is that in the games I played there was some frame stuttering on the Rx graphics card that I didn't have on my older nvidea. Ended up giving my brand new Rx 580(a year ago or so) to my wife and getting a gtx 1080 ftw2. Honestly though on a general level I find nvidea performs a little better and more consistent but if all you are playing are amd preferred games then go amd lol??

You will find these experiences on both sides of the pond. 

9 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

Their RTX driver launch was just as bad as the Navi driver launch... Just check with the reviewers on that for confirmation. Nvidia hasn't launched a new architecture in 2 years however, so they are definitely going to have more stable drivers in general.

Which is what they're trying to fix with the 2020 drivers... Apart from a few teething issues, I think they've easily surpassed Nvidia's software. (not the software support from 3rd parties, just their own software)

It's closer to 98%, as long as you're willing to tweak a few things instead of just plug-and-play. (as has always been the case with AMD) And it is the current state of the drivers that matters most with regard to the value of the card, not the perception and rhetoric left over from launch.

I pretty much agree with everything you said.

Honestly the biggest problem I have with Nvidia is that they are price gouging us and have been for some time now.  I will admit that I think Nvidia does have an edge but it is an edge worth maybe $20-$30 more, not $100 more at least when your comparing the 5700xt vs the 2070 Super, and it is just ridiculous that the 2080 ti is selling for around $1200 on average when the 1080 Ti was only about $800.  That puts a bad taste in my mouth and makes me NOT want to buy Nvidia or support them, especially when there is another option available like in the case of the 5700xt vs 2070 Super.  It honestly would make me feel like an idiot to give Nvidia $100 more for roughly the same performance.

3 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

I pretty much agree with everything you said.

Honestly the biggest problem I have with Nvidia is that they are price gouging us and have been for some time now.  I will admit that I think Nvidia does have an edge but it is an edge worth maybe $20-$30 more, not $100 more at least when your comparing the 5700xt vs the 2070 Super, and it is just ridiculous that the 2080 ti is selling for around $1200 on average when the 1080 Ti was only about $800.  That puts a bad taste in my mouth and makes me NOT want to buy Nvidia or support them, especially when there is another option available like in the case of the 5700xt vs 2070 Super.  It honestly would make me feel like an idiot to give Nvidia $100 more for roughly the same performance.

I completely agree with that.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms