Coop 3D Modeling?!

does someone know some software or service that allows 2 people to work sultaniously on the same 3d model. you how google does with docs and such. i thought maybe a cooperative 3d modeling experience would be awesome.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

6 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

i thought maybe a cooperative 3d modeling experience would be awesome.

Have you ever worked in environment where more than one person is in charge with creating or editing a model? "Awesome" is about the last thing I'd call it. 

It's would be less efficient to have two people working on the same model, rather than having two people work on two different models. Person 2 cant make a hole cut until Person 1 makes the first extrusion. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Have you ever worked in environment where more than one person is in charge with creating or editing a model? "Awesome" is about the last thing I'd call it. 

It's would be less efficient to have two people working on the same model, rather than having two people work on two different models. Person 2 cant make a hole cut until Person 1 makes the first extrusion. 

yeah i was thinking more like one does the loeft wing one does the right wing of the house or maybe presentation style where you present it to someone and they can easily make some changes to clarify differences in opinion or taste.

or while im doing the head you can do tha body of the scupture or something and both could watch the progress of the other in real time and adapt.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

10 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

yeah i was thinking more like one does the loeft wing one does the right wing of the house or maybe presentation style where you present it to someone and they can easily make some changes to clarify differences in opinion or taste.

or while im doing the head you can do tha body of the scupture or something and both could watch the progress of the other in real time and adapt.

that's different most cad does this. you have parts where you can have 50 people working on 50 individual parts and there is 1 main assembly which contain the 50 parts. At etiher Part or assembly level it's not possible to be more than 1 at a time.

For non CAD as in your example a modeling software those would require multiple asset to do the same. You cannot do 2 boolean operations at the same time on the same model, they need to be different solid or mesh bodies otherwise the maths won't be valid.

FYI i know all this because that is most of my daily work programming in 3d/cad engine.