Steam Remote play

BestBurritoSeller

So, iv'e bought red dead redemption on steam and I enjoy it so my dad told me he wants to play too, but he would like to use the tv for it, so is there anyway I can stream from my pc to my lg smart tv and and use a controller for playing?

Either a Steam Link or another PC with steam installed. I dont know of any TV's that have an app for Steam.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x (4.3GHz)  |  GPU: MSI 1070 Ti Duke  |  MotherboardASUS Prime X570-Pro  |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200 32GB

It’s fairly good on my Apple TV, works OK but I’ve yet to get the responsiveness good enough. I think it’s more my TV screen as it’s dirt cheap so I think the lag comes from the fact it doesn’t have a proper low latency game mode. It has one but it’s a poor implementation.

Its so annoying as my connection is perfect but I just can’t feel the control connection. 

It works for slower games however so I have had some success.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I have an old toshiba laptop, can I set a custom resolution which is above the laptops screen resolution and then connect it to the tv with hdmi?

1 minute ago, NineEyeRon said:

It’s fairly good on my Apple TV, works OK but I’ve yet to get the responsiveness good enough. I think it’s more my TV screen as it’s dirt cheap so I think the lag comes from the fact it doesn’t have a proper low latency game mode. It has one but it’s a poor implementation.

Its so annoying as my connection is perfect but I just can’t feel the control connection. 

It works for slower games however so I have had some success.

Can you do it with a smart tv?

3 minutes ago, BestBurritoSeller said:

It depends on the brand from what I am seeing. Samsung has an App store where you can download the Steam Link App. But I don't see much in the way of controller support, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't have it. 

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x (4.3GHz)  |  GPU: MSI 1070 Ti Duke  |  MotherboardASUS Prime X570-Pro  |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200 32GB

1 minute ago, PV2smokes said:

It depends on the brand from what I am seeing. Samsung has an App store where you can download the Steam Link App. But I don't see much in the way of controller support, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't have it. 

Thanks for the research, man steam make it so difficult to use the good features they have

1 hour ago, BestBurritoSeller said:

No, my TV does not have an app, I use my Apple TV 4.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

1 hour ago, PV2smokes said:

Either a Steam Link or another PC with steam installed. I dont know of any TV's that have an app for Steam.

Any Android TV should be able to just install the Steam Link - app from the Play Store.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

You cold also pick up a Raspberry Pi 4 and put it on there. The new ones do pretty well.