Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gorgon

New FAHClient in the Works

Posted · Original PosterOP

It will likely take a while to update the client as it needs to be migrated to Python3 or some other tool that can be supported in Windows, OS-X and Linux and they will want to do lots of testing before releasing it into the wild.

I suspect that it may arrive in time for widespread use of OpenMM 22 on Work Units.

Nice! But besides that I haven’t had to much struggle with V7 on Mac and Win

Join the LTT folding team and support the cure for cancer and various other bad stuff! Its IMPORTANT for humanity guys!

Will users have to manually download the new client,or is there a "Check for Updates feature" built within the client?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Will users have to manually download the new client,or is there a "Check for Updates feature" built within the client?

i guess they probbaly push the update when it goes live, but in the worst scenario reinstalling the client isn't too much of a hassle imo.

X399M Taichi - Threadripper 1950X - Titan X Pascal - GTX 1070 FE - Dominator Plats SE Contrast - InWin 301 - EVGA 850 G2 - Full Custom Watercooling

BlackMac Woody  60% Keyboard

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

i guess they probbaly push the update when it goes live, but in the worst scenario reinstalling the client isn't too much of a hassle imo.

So there is a system in place to push updates to the client? 😮

Dient know that. How does it work and how to be sure everything works afterwards. Idd like to update and test it by myself...

Join the LTT folding team and support the cure for cancer and various other bad stuff! Its IMPORTANT for humanity guys!

12 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Dient know that. How does it work and how to be sure everything works afterwards. Idd like to update and test it by myself...

key word here being

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

guess

X399M Taichi - Threadripper 1950X - Titan X Pascal - GTX 1070 FE - Dominator Plats SE Contrast - InWin 301 - EVGA 850 G2 - Full Custom Watercooling

BlackMac Woody  60% Keyboard

58 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

key word here being

Welllll ok lol. But i really dont think they have that in place. With those infrequent Client releases why bother to build a update process. Updates to the Cores and everything connected to processing are done and working anyway...

Posted · Original PosterOP
7 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

Nope. New client means a reinstall

They have to support Windows, MAC and Linux, all with one part-time developer