What are best quiet 120mm fans for an radiator?

I bought an Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 for my ryzen 7 3800x. The performance is good but they are a to loud. Can anybody recommend good 120mm fans? Thanks in advance :D 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

Gotta get those beautiful nactua fans.  

the NF-F12 can be had in chromax black. soooo no poop color there

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

2 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

the NF-F12 can be had in chromax black. soooo no poop color there

But you gotta get the classic poop color fans if you are a true nactua fan.  

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

But you gotta get the classic poop color fans if you are a true nactua fan.  

YES!

2 hours ago, Sir_Senpaiii said:

Ja das sind aber die schwarzen 

und wenn schon braun und du das Geld hast -> direkt NF A12x25 :)

7 hours ago, Sir_Senpaiii said:

I bought an Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 for my ryzen 7 3800x. The performance is good but they are a to loud. Can anybody recommend good 120mm fans? Thanks in advance :D 

NF-A12x25

The best , hands down.

I bought 8 myself for Xmas, silent at 1000 rpm ..dead silent.

Barely audible 'hum' at 1300rpm - some 'air noise'

More audible but Minor 'hum' at 1500rpm. more 'air noise'

and so on up to 2000rpm.

They effectively run ~500rpm faster (and thus perform better) than other top end fans for the same noise level,

Expensive, but the best there are in terms of performance:noise.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

23 hours ago, Sir_Senpaiii said:

Besides the Noctuas, the other top performer here is the BL085 (From Be Quiet!). I swapped those on my ML120R and have 2 on my front as input. They are awesome and silent, and personally I find them more attractive than noctua's

I don't know where you reside but check the prices on them both

Good luck

1 hour ago, Weinrib said:

Besides the Noctuas, the other top performer here is the BL085 (From Be Quiet!). I swapped those on my ML120R and have 2 on my front as input. They are awesome and silent, and personally I find them more attractive than noctua's

I don't know where you reside but check the prices on them both

Good luck

All of noctuas fans have that ugly beige color.

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte x470 Ultra Gaming

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

2x8 Corsair LPX Vengeance 2933

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

4 minutes ago, rx590overclocker said:

All of noctuas fans have that ugly beige color.

Most of them. There's a black version tho, but it's a bit more expensive

the black versions are too expensive.  I'm 15 years old, so not rich enough for those.  If I was, I would totally buy the noctua black fans.

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

i use 4 corsair af120 with the red LEDs in them.  They make no sound, even at 100% power.

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

48 minutes ago, rx590overclocker said:

i use 4 corsair af120 with the red LEDs in them.  They make no sound, even at 100% power.

that I dont believe bro. But yes they are decent fans.
Well if your tight on budget net noctua redux fans 

the reason they don't make noise, is because I dont think my mobo actually has the ampage to support all 4 of them at max power.  they require 0.4 amps each

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

I did get the silent edition (I think)

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

54 minutes ago, rx590overclocker said:

the reason they don't make noise, is because I dont think my mobo actually has the ampage to support all 4 of them at max power.  they require 0.4 amps each

53 minutes ago, rx590overclocker said:

I did get the silent edition (I think)

I see lol. But good board. I had one fan controller go pew when having plugged to many fans soooo yhea

my board is pretty good.  Nothing too fancy, but it has everything I need.

My build

Ryzen 5 2600 @3.95ghz

Cryorig M9a

Gigabyte RX 590 @1720mhz

ASUS Wireless card

EVGA 650GQ

Cougar MX330G

WD Blue SATA SSD 500GB

On 1/15/2020 at 1:39 AM, Weinrib said:

Most of them. There's a black version tho, but it's a bit more expensive

I need a couple of NF-A12x15 Chromax, the slim one, but boy, I found this one is equal to $28 USD in my local pricing, it's almost twice the price of its beige one here.

It's even more expensive than iPPC NF-F12 3000. WTF. Retailers here are greedy when it comes to niche PC hardware. Less every specs = more money.

I was like "No can do, sir! Thanks" I'll get the beige ones instead, it's only the pigment which will cost me twice the price. Ridiculous.

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

6 hours ago, Sakaki_Makio said:

I need a couple of NF-A12x15 Chromax, the slim one, but boy, I found this one is equal to $28 USD in my local pricing, it's almost twice the price of its beige one here.

It's even more expensive than iPPC NF-F12 3000. WTF. Retailers here are greedy when it comes to niche PC hardware. Less every specs = more money.

I was like "No can do, sir! Thanks" I'll get the beige ones instead, it's only the pigment which will cost me twice the price. Ridiculous.

Ok yeha that’s not worth it!

in my market is like a 20% uptick for the chromax ones

If its a thin rad silent wings 3 do alright. Only 1000rpm @ max. Nice and quiet. 

Ive got some noctuas on a 45mm intake rad and silents pushing out through a 30 rad.

Ive never hit max speed on any fans. You can always paint the brown if it must be Nocs.

Noctua's fans run at such tight tolerances they cant just paint them. They have to use a different plastic formula, one that is both black and retains the specs needed to be usable in the fans, hence why the black ones cost more.

You cant just paint 'normal' noctua fans like the NF-A12x25 and expect them to perform the same.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

7 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Noctua's fans run at such tight tolerances they cant just paint them. They have to use a different plastic formula, one that is both black and retains the specs needed to be usable in the fans, hence why the black ones cost more.

You cant just paint 'normal' noctua fans like the NF-A12x25 and expect them to perform the same.

The other Cromax fans like NF-F12, NF-A14, NF-A15 costs not much different compared to their regular beige ones, but this NF-A12x15 Chromax costs like 185% of its regular beige version. Damn son..

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15