Razer CEO Berated And Threatened His Staff, Former Employees Say

Shaggy25

Not everyone can be cool like John Legere. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

13 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Not everyone can be cool like John Legere. 

I actually thought about moving to tmobile because of him a few years back. Glad I didn't make that move, oof.

6 minutes ago, Rune said:

I actually thought about moving to tmobile because of him a few years back. Glad I didn't make that move, oof.

Hes leaving T Mobile some time next year. Im sad. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Christ, the level of 'its ok to treat human beings like complete shit' in this thread is weird.
Where do you people live that things like that are ok for employees to do?!

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

21 hours ago, MageTank said:

On the very rare occasion, you get one that is extremely down to earth. My current CEO doesn't drive a fancy car or over accentuate his wealth despite the huge success of his company. He even holds the door open for people as they walk in and out. I can't say the same for some of my former employers, but it's definitely the way I would want to run a company. The sheer respect you command when you treat people like normal human beings is far more powerful than cracking a whip and expecting results.

Sadly, I don't see this being the case in other parts of the world, where the job market is overly competitive and saturated with enough people to fill any roles. 

My current boss gets this.

His boss however, doesn't seem to get it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2019 at 6:24 PM, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Every CEO of a large company wants to know your location

Jeff Bezos would like to know your location

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I quit buying razor products entirely when the second mouse I had of theirs broke.  I took them apart and found out why: they used plastic for springs.  Plastic fatigues.  It’s a terrible spring material.  It was clear to me at this point that their manufacturing was shit because they cut stupid corners and their stuff wasn’t worth buying.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 12/10/2019 at 3:52 PM, Bcat00 said:

Razer is still running is it not? Clearly treating your employees like that is working out for the man. Just saying. Life isn't always pretty.

I've heard one of the reasons gamestop is loosing business is similar to this. Stuff like corporate giving unrealistic expectations and often forcing them to lie to customers. That and the fact that everything is digital

PC: 

i5 8400 - RTX 2060 - Strix B360-I - Thermaltake 240mm AIO - 16GB Vengeance RGB PRO - CRYSTAL 280X - HD Plex 400w AC/DC Converter

CUSTOM KEYBOARD:

Gmmk Pro  - Gateron ink Black v2 lubed and filmed - GMK Red Samurai - PC plate - Zeal stabs

DAILY TECH:

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Smartwatch - Galaxy A70 - Bose QC Earbuds - Bose SoundLink Wireless - Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 

Its really hard to take ex employees words as gospel.

Ive been on both sides. Had a boss treat me like shit and as a boss ive treated people like shit.

But context matters. Theres times employees deserve it.

We bought a business about 4 months ago. And 3 weeks ago i fired the front of house manager. At one point in the argument i looked at her and asked her straight up "are you fucking stupid? Who were you sleeping with to get this job?".

Now if you only heard her side of the story id come off as a huge asshole who deserves to be punched in the mouth (which honestly isnt far off lol). But when i tell you she couldnt tell me half her duties, couldnt tell me how the point of sale system was setup, and fucked up a huge new years eve event where we had to cancel 20+ reservations 4 hours before service began, lied about it, and made a host take the blame and call all the customers. Youd see why a part owner would be justifiably upset. ( It was a really promoted event and she couldve easily made us shut the place down with actions like these. When your looking at blowing 300k in less then 6 months you get heated).

Im used to working in kitchens where shit can get intense. Never held it against the chef. Ive had a chef throw an entire dish at my head and tell me to go do dishes because i was a shit cook. The end of the night we sat at the bar and he bought a round of drinks and it was like it never happened.

If you wanna get to the top of a company its not a nice game. And shit rolls downhill.

I find its usually the people who have never been in charge and responsible for the actions of all the workers that complain the most. But if/when they are put in that position they realize why management acts like that. 

Yeah I don't know I work in the restaurant industry now as a server and I'm pretty sure a manager can say or do whatever they want. However as a server you can pretty much do the same to an extent in certain situations so it evens out. 

I found the best way to handle issues is really to be rough yourself. Tends to work better if you seem just as likely to spat off as they do. 

I also know someone there who started after me and is probably gonna wind up being a manager soon. Doesn't know anything about his job really but he knows how to suck up, work the crappy hours, and be a yes man. However as a leader he's terrible because his first response isn't to help it's to delegate... Doesn't matter though because he'll do whatever they tell him. 

12 hours ago, PeterFile said:

I've heard one of the reasons gamestop is loosing business is similar to this. Stuff like corporate giving unrealistic expectations and often forcing them to lie to customers. That and the fact that everything is digital

That’s not even remotely true lol

gamestop is dying because people don’t care to buy physical games anymore and if they did it’s a minority group. It’s like how blockbuster went out of business, their era is over and something new has replaced it

any other reason is tiny and not enough to justify their closure

10 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

*snip*

I find the part about kitchens to ring true, pretty much across the boards kitchen work is like that.
Whether it's a pizza kitchen or a 5* restaurant.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 5:49 PM, Metallus97 said:

Well... at some point you hear stuff like that form almost every company...

But me personally doesn’t like razer... to much of a „wE aRe ThE bEsT fOr GaMiNg BeCaUsE wE hAvE rGb“ shit going on ther. However thier products are great for the most part i dont like the image they are trying to give to themselves 

Nice razr mouse bricked by firmware update. Cost me $40. Bit OT, but there you have it.