Corsair 400C to Meshify C

luchofu

Hello, everyone!

I have a Corsair 400C and I like it. But the thing is: when I play games my system runs hot. Even the tempered glass is hot. I never played games before, so, I have the stock fans.

I almost bought new fans for the case, but then I tough: what about a new case? So, I'm between the Meshify C or just buy new fans for the Corsair 400C.

I don't know if the Meshify C will be an upgrade. I'll not use any water cooling system. Just air. I'll probably not overclock the system either (only the RAM).

So, my options are:

A- Corsair 400C with new fans

B- Meshify C

C- Meshify C and new fans

I'm between this fans:

Phanteks Ph-f140mp or Phanteks Ph-f120mp $20

Cooler Master Mf120r $15

Can't go with Noctuas, because of the price: Noctua Nf-f12 $50

My system:

Ryzen 2600 (stock cooler)

Ab 350 gaming 3

Hyperx Predator 2x8 GB

Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+

Like I always say: I can't make a decision and I'm not an expert, so I need some advice. Thank you!

What fans are in the 400c now?

The Corsair has impeded front airflow and needs high static pressure fans in front at the very least. It should be quieter than the meshify though because of that front.  I don’t know if the fans you chose are high static pressure or not.  I also can’t tell if this is one of those cases where you can fit 2x140 vs 3x120 in front or not.  If this is the case, 3x120 will have better static pressure than 2x140.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I also can’t tell if this is one of those cases where you can fit 2x140 vs 3x120 in front or not.  If this is the case, 3x120 will have better static pressure than 2x140.

It can fit three 120mm fans at the front (Even a 360 AIO). The case only comes with Two fans by Default, one at the front and one at the rear (Same as the Meshify C) which means the Meshify C would would ALSO need an aditional fan to rally leverage the front panel's advantage. 

40 minutes ago, luchofu said:

But the thing is: when I play games my system runs hot. Even the tempered glass is hot.

What is "Hot"? Please list exact temperatures, as 70ºC is considerably very good temps, but something like 90ºC would be what most people consider too hot. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

What fans are in the 400c now?

The Corsair has impeded front airflow and needs high static pressure fans in front at the very least. It should be quieter than the meshify though because of that front.  I don’t know if the fans you chose are high static pressure or not.  I also can’t tell if this is one of those cases where you can fit 2x140 vs 3x120 in front or not.  If this is the case, 3x120 will have better static pressure than 2x140.

Hello. Right now, I'm using the stock fans: AF140L in the front panel and 1x120 in the rear.

Those Phanteks fans are high static pressure fans. Can't buy the not static pressure ones, because there are not for sell in my country. In fact, I have very limited options to buy good fans. Ex: Corsair ll120 costs like $60 dollars each (on sale)

The Masterfans are hybrid fans. But don't know about how good they are.

With the Corsair 400c I can put 3x120 fans in the front or 2x140. 1x120 in the rear and 2x120 or 2x140 at the top

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

It can fit three 120mm fans at the front (Even a 360 AIO). The case only comes with Two fans by Default, one at the front and one at the rear (Same as the Meshify C) which means the Meshify C would would ALSO need an aditional fan to rally leverage the front panel's advantage. 

What is "Hot"? Please list exact temperatures, as 70ºC is considerably very good temps, but something like 90ºC would be what most people consider too hot. 

Hello! I'll mesure the temps and report back. I posted this because last night, while playing a few games, I noted that the tempered glass was hot. And also I could't touch the backplate of the GPU. And that never happened before.

Well, after 10 minutes of playing Overwatch:

GPU: 85º

CPU: 76º

But what worries me now, is the smell of hot plastic.

53 minutes ago, luchofu said:

Hello. Right now, I'm using the stock fans: AF140L in the front panel and 1x120 in the rear.

Those Phanteks fans are high static pressure fans. Can't buy the not static pressure ones, because there are not for sell in my country. In fact, I have very limited options to buy good fans. Ex: Corsair ll120 costs like $60 dollars each (on sale)

The Masterfans are hybrid fans. But don't know about how good they are.

With the Corsair 400c I can put 3x120 fans in the front or 2x140. 1x120 in the rear and 2x120 or 2x140 at the top

It sounds like you’re worried about too much heat staying in the case.  The 400 has a problem because of that front panel with unobstructed air.  I have seen opinions that say this makes the cases unacceptable.  This may be true.  I have a personal suspicion that if multiple 120mm high static pressure fans are used this problem would be overcome.   This was a case design that worked for years after all.  I don’t see how it could suddenly “go bad”.  The cases haven’t changed.  Fans have though.  140mm fans used to be rare.  Now they are more common than 120mm.  The larger a fam the slower it spins so the less noise it makes, but it also makes less static pressure.  That case is an older design.  I suspect it was designed for 3 120mm fans.  Just because 2x140mm fit doesn’t mean they work very well.

the meshify c is a newer case design and has no impeded front and I suspect will do better with 140mm fans.

Either way you are probably going to have to buy additional fans for either case.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I have a personal suspicion that if multiple 120mm high static pressure fans are used this problem would be overcome.

Either way you are probably going to have to buy additional fans for either case.

I agree with this. Adding fans should help lower temperatures significantly especially for the GPU, which at 85ºC is definitely hot. The 400C is a good overall case and when properly filled with fans can be a great cooling case, even though it doesn't have a full mesh front (a fact I often point out but many people dismiss).

I'd recommend two in the front as intake, and two in the rear for exhaust. This way, cool air is drawn in at the same rate as hot air is ejected. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

What I would do in your situation is I would buy two 140mm fans for front, and the one from front move to back top , above cpu cooler. 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS