i need cpu cooler recommendations

senseal

hi all, for my future pc build im using an i5-9600k and because this is my first pc build i have no clue what cooler to get.

the cou is lga 1151 and the cooler needs to be priced at around £40 and preferably has a white fan .

any recommendations? 

Got a hyper 212 black edition in my pc, keeps my 9700 under 70C at max load no problem, it's a solid cooler for the price and looks clean too

Just a question: Why are you planing to get a 9600k?
Amd has better value at the moment

1 minute ago, Devryd said:

Just a question: Why are you planing to get a 9600k?
Amd has better value at the moment

i already have a motherboard due to my parents being stupid and thinking it "didn't arrive" even though it was already wrapped and under the christmas tree for my brothers pc build 

I have an Enermax ETS-T50 that is all white. It's keeping my Ryzen 7 2700 (stock clocks) under 55°c right now in an ITX chassis. Think it's about USD $30-45, depending on vendor. (Fan is addressable RGB too if you want color later on. 

IMG_20191206_212819279.jpg

What case and ram are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 12/12/2019 at 3:33 PM, WoodenMarker said:

What case and ram are you using?

Phanteks Enthoo ITX and Ballistix something

For that price best what you can get is Arctic Freezer 34 (if you really want white accents) 

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/arctic-freezer-34-esports-duo-white-2x-120mm-fan-aluminium-fins-4x-direct-touch-copper-heatpipes-int

Other great option is Hyper 212 Black edition , I’m using it currently and it’s really great.

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

On 12/9/2019 at 12:18 PM, boggy77 said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MJGNJB3?tag=pcp0f-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

best cooler for the price, comes with white accents

Agree with this.  It honestly doesn't appear there are any budget air coolers that are better than this on, at least from my research and it looks good too.  Based on reading and watching about a dozen reviews or so, it should give you about a 6-10 degree advantage over the stock AMD cooler and it generally beats out the popular Hyper 212 by a fair margin.  Honestly I am torn between this cooler and an Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 right now and still can't decide which I am going to mount next week when I start building my new PC.  The AIO will be cooler of course but the Arctic Freezer 34 Esports Duo has gotten such great reviews, I am really just temped to deal with the extra 8-10 degrees temp just so I don't have to deal with the reliability questions inherent to using an AIO (pump failure and remote potential for a leak).