Iphone charging

Liamisko123

Hey guys i just got an iphone 7 from a friend of mine and he gave me the lightning cable which i appreciate but he didnt give me the adapter.I only have huawei 5V 1A adapter so can i use it without malfunctioning my new iphone?

Yes

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

In short, yes.

All the little cube brick thing does is convert your mains electricity in the walls to 5v 1a, as per the USB standard. Almost every USB device strictly complies to the USB standard (sometimes you have to be careful with early USB C connectors, but that's a different discussion). Any USB type A port will provide at least 5v 500ma as that is the standard, but 1a is typical. There are fast charging bricks out there that will list higher voltages on the side of the adapter, but a handshake between the device and the charger needs to be established before the supply turns its voltage above the standard 5v. If a device that does not support the fast charging is connected to one of these supplies, the supply will continue to provide the normal 5v 500-1000ma. In addition, I'm pretty sure the iPhone has overvoltage and overcurrent protection on its input, so even if you managed to shove more than 5v, the protection should catch it.

ASU

I agree. I have used multiple cables with multiple bricks of various manufacturers. Some work quicker some slower depends on the amperage but they do work every time. The fancy rapid charging brick from OnePlus works with IPhone as well