Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Faeit

Recently bought CoolerMaster 212 Turbo LED (needing some tech help)

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Theres a splitter that connects to the motherboard as this is a dual fan, but as of right now I see only 3 and a 4 pin split on the splitter? Is this faulty or not?

IMG_20191202_165402.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah.  Because it’s rgb maybe?  I don’t know much about rgb, but I was told that rgb devices have two sets of plugs.  One for the fan and one for the lights.  I’m guessing that the 4 pin one is for the fans and the 3 pin one is for the lights.


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The pin missing is in the middle, right? That's how PWM splitter works. The missing pin is for RPM and since motherboard can only read one signal for RPM per header, there's no need for that pin.

 

The rest, DC, ground and PWM are needed for both headers.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

The pin missing is in the middle, right? That's how PWM splitter works. The missing pin is for RPM and since motherboard can only read one signal for RPM per header, there's no need for that pin.

 

The rest, DC, ground and PWM are needed for both headers.

So it’s not rgb?  And it’s not split? 


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes 4 pin for the fan . 3 pin for rgb. If you have a asus board they usually include a Rgb adapter cable . I think that specific one on your cooler is for MSI

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

So it’s not rgb?  And it’s not split? 

212 Turbo LED isn't RGB. It has red LEDs which are powered by same PWM cable with fans. The cable is normal Y-splitter for fans.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

212 Turbo LED isn't RGB. It has red LEDs which are powered by same PWM cable with fans. The cable is normal Y-splitter for fans.

So normal y splitter for fans has 2 plugs on the tail of the Y. A 4 pin and a 4pin with one pin removed? Seems odd.  Is it each one is supposed to be one end of the Y and it just doesn’t have any actual arms?  That would make more sense.


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

So normal y splitter for fans has 2 plugs on the tail of the Y. A 4 pin and a 4pin with one pin removed? Seems odd.  Is it each one is supposed to be one end of the Y and it just doesn’t have any actual arms?  That would make more sense.

Its called that because it has two headers on one end and one on the other. There are two kinds of Y-splitters. For DC fans and PWM. PWM have 4th pin for PWM, DC have just power and ground with rpm removed on the other header. The end going to mobo ofc has all pins.

 

I'm not quite sure if this is more of you trolling or actually lazy to google and see what kind of splitter Y is.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never trolled here.  Or anywhere else in years.  Trolling annoys me.  I try not to do things to other people I find annoying.  Believe it or don’t.  I’ve used dc fan splitters and they actually were Y shaped.  Well, more V shaped actually. This one seems to be I shaped. 


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×