Best way to maximize performance from my set up

Teach 424

Wanting to find ways of getting the best performance from my set up, I'm new to PC gaming and am in need of advice. 

I have:

I5 750

Amd sapphire 470

1tb hard drive

240gb SSD

700watt power supply

Thanks 

Assuming you're not looking for upgrade tips, the best way to maximize performance is make sure background tasks aren't stealing power from your games, turn down settings as much as possible and target playing older games to begin with, and overclock the GPU.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Assuming you are set with your current hardware, there's little you can do to improve performance. I doubt you spent extra on an overclocking board for a mere first gen i5, but if you did, that's the obvious first choice. Overclocking the graphics card won't get you anywhere in this case, it's gonna be drawing more frames than your CPU can push out.

If you wanted some suggestions to expand, there are of course cheap Xeons for your socket.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad