wierd notif bug

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,
6 hours ago, will4623 said:

I am not sure that wasn't the case. although it didn't do the notification banner in the bottam right.

The notification banner won't show up if you open the notification menu before it notices that there are new notifications, as I think might be the case here. Opening the menu loads the most up to date notifications, bypassing the system used for the browser notifications and notification banner. 

so I just had a notif set where the webpage on firefox said I had no notifs the bell said 3 and I had for with the bolded text. manjaro linux FF 69

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

I'm not sure I quite follow, am I understanding this correctly and did I miss anything?

• You received a browser notification (through Windows/MacOS/etc) saying you had a new notification 
  • You went to the ltt tab and the count on the notification icon at the top of the page said you had 3 new notifications 
  • You clicked it to open the notification dropdown and there were 4 unread notifications listed 

Did you definitely only have one ltt tab open, and what time was the most recent notification from? 

HTTP/2 203

13 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

I'm not sure I quite follow, am I understanding this correctly and did I miss anything?

• You received a browser notification (through Windows/MacOS/etc) saying you had a new notification 
  • You went to the ltt tab and the count on the notification icon at the top of the page said you had 3 new notifications 
  • You clicked it to open the notification dropdown and there were 4 unread notifications listed 

Did you definitely only have one ltt tab open, and what time was the most recent notification from? 

I had 1 ltt tab. It says I have no notifs. I click on it and the bell says 3 notifs. I click the bell and there are 4 unread notifs.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

I had 1 ltt tab. It says I have no notifs. I click on it and the bell says 3 notifs. I click the bell and there are 4 unread notifs.

Where does it say that you have no notifications? The number in the tab title is not meant to show the number of unread notifications that you have.

HTTP/2 203

20 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Where does it say that you have no notifications? The number in the tab title is not meant to show the number of unread notifications that you have.

the little one in parenthises?

14 minutes ago, will4623 said:

the little one in parenthises?

Yes. That tells you the number of notifications that were included in the last browser notification (if the last browser notification that you got was "You have 3 new notifications", and you've not opened the tab since, it says "(3)").

There are other values that would be more logical to display, but as far as I know it is working as was intended by the forum software devs.

HTTP/2 203

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Yes. That tells you the number of notifications that were included in the last browser notification (if the last browser notification that you got was "You have 3 new notifications", and you've not opened the tab since, it says "(3)").

There are other values that would be more logical to display, but as far as I know it is working as was intended by the forum software devs.

OK but there still is the problem with the bell having the wrong number.

18 hours ago, will4623 said:

OK but there still is the problem with the bell having the wrong number.

Are you sure that the most recent notification there hadn't arrived between opening the page and actually looking at the notifications? The badge may just be out of date. 

If you're sure that's not the case, what was the content of the notifications? 

HTTP/2 203

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Are you sure that the most recent notification there hadn't arrived between opening the page and actually looking at the notifications? The badge may just be out of date. 

If you're sure that's not the case, what was the content of the notifications? 

I am not sure that wasn't the case. although it didn't do the notification banner in the bottam right.

The notification banner won't show up if you open the notification menu before it notices that there are new notifications, as I think might be the case here. Opening the menu loads the most up to date notifications, bypassing the system used for the browser notifications and notification banner. 

HTTP/2 203

• 2 weeks later...

different problem but same kinda deal. browser notification 1 forum page and I was on a different page. the bell didn't register the notif but the browser did.

5 hours ago, will4623 said:

but the browser did.

What exactly does this mean?

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

I'm going to assume this is the browser notifications you get that pop up in the bottom left in chrome for example. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

15 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

12 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I'm going to assume this is the browser notifications you get that pop up in the bottom left in chrome for example. 

^this.