Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GeorgeDouj88

Cyberpunk 2077 GPU Specs

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I've been planning on getting rid of my Hardline water loop so that I could take my PC to college with me next year and have been doing research on things I'm going to be switching. I currently have an EVGA 1080 ti FTW3 with a ripped wire on the air cooler (which happened while installing the water block). I was thinking about switching to an RTX 2080 ti (or some other variant) or just keeping the 1080 ti and adding an aftermarket cooler. I really want to be able to play Cyberpunk 2077 on release at 1440p and 144Hz and thought the 1080 ti would be fine but when I searched up cyberpunk playability with gtx, I found this article which mentioned a pc which the same specs as mine played the game at only 1080p 30fps.

I came here to see what you guys think I should do and how good I could actually run the game. Current PC specs are in my signature but the waterloop will be ripped out and the CPU will be cooled with an AIO.

All help is much appreciated

Bloodshot

First PC Build and Generally Very High End

Originally planned for December 2017 | 

Build Log Post

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K

Cooler: Custom Hardline loop cooling GPU and CPU with 2 360 Rads

Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste

Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory

SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

HDD: Seagate Barracuda PRO 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3

Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout TG

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Case Fans: 7 Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition

Fan Controller: NZXT GRID+ V3 Fan Controller

Accessories:

• Corsair Commander Pro Fan Controller

Set Up

• Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite
  • Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma
  • Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Gaming Mousepad
  • Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR
  • Audio
    • AMP: Sennheiser GSX1000
    • Headphones: HyperX Cloud Alpha
    • Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III
  • Oculus Rift + Touch 3 Sensor Roomscale Setup
  • IKEA Desk
    • IKEA White Linmon Tabletop (Longest Size)
    • IKEA 5 Black Olov Legs
    • IKEA White Alex Drawer

The game isn't done yet, so there's literally no way of knowing. There will be optimizations of the game and of GPU drivers, and there may be other changes in the graphics between the E3 demo and the final release.

4 hours ago, GeorgeDouj88 said:

So I've been planning on getting rid of my Hardline water loop so that I could take my PC to college with me next year and have been doing research on things I'm going to be switching. I currently have an EVGA 1080 ti FTW3 with a ripped wire on the air cooler (which happened while installing the water block). I was thinking about switching to an RTX 2080 ti (or some other variant) or just keeping the 1080 ti and adding an aftermarket cooler. I really want to be able to play Cyberpunk 2077 on release at 1440p and 144Hz and thought the 1080 ti would be fine but when I searched up cyberpunk playability with gtx, I found this article which mentioned a pc which the same specs as mine played the game at only 1080p 30fps.

I came here to see what you guys think I should do and how good I could actually run the game. Current PC specs are in my signature but the waterloop will be ripped out and the CPU will be cooled with an AIO.

No way of knowing requirements. That said, if I had to guess, if you try to play with RTX on with your 1080ti then yeah you're gonna be getting 1080p 30fps. But you should probably be okay for 1440p 60hz, although probably not 144hz at reasonable detail settings. 

Main System: EVGA GTX 1080 SC, i7 8700, 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15, Asus Z370 Prime A, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R5, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo
Secondary System: EVGA GTX 780ti SC, i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb DDR3 1600mhz, MSI Z77 G43, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R4, 3TB WD Caviar Blue, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo

I doubt it will be much more demanding than the Witcher 3. My guess would be a 1070/Vega 56 as the recommended gpu, and something like a gtx 770/R9 280 as the minimum.

I'm also quite certain that the 1080ti should be more than enough for 1440p at 60fps. Not sure about 144fps, though. 

EDIT: I looked at the article you mentioned. Firstly, the article is quite outdated, and the author is probably talking out of his ass. 

I would recommend the rtx series only if you want Ray tracing there is no other need for it. The gtx 1080ti is just fine unless you have the money to spend. If you do have money to spend then a rtx 2080ti would do it. I hope that cyberpunk has Ray tracing 

Unlike in the game Control, Cyberpunk 2077 won't downgrade and turn rasterization into poop to force you to get a RTX card so you can actually have reflections in the game... (some puddles in Control are actually so reflective mirror like it's actually going unrealistic route as well, they tried to make too much emphasizes on DXR).

When the game still uses the perfectly good techniques available in rasterization with lots of polishing and optimizing DXR becomes pretty pointless and I'd rather not have the massive fps penalty.

Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0ghz  |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Dark Rock 4 |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3333mhz CL15 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 80Plus Platinum  |~| Boot: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Acer Predator X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900 @4.75ghz |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z390M Gaming mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3400mhzCL15 Viper Steel |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition RTX 2080 Ti |~| PSU: beQuiet! Straight Power 11 80Plus Gold  |~|  Boot:  Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2x2TB SanDisk SSD Ultra 3D |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Viotek GN34CB 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

HTPC / "Console of the house":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
12 hours ago, GeorgeDouj88 said:

lol thats just specs to make it run see how the world is. not the actual ingame performance. 

a 1080ti will easily be able to handle 1440p max settings. or in your case. (i dont know why) 1080p max settings.

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ GAMING OC 3X 8G

ryzen 5 2600x at 4.1ghz all core               (cpu)                    |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
hyper 212 black edition cooler                  (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)             |     (Memory)      HyperX Predator RGB 2x8 at 3200

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)           |    (mouse)          Razer deathadder elite

2 hours ago, Pauleft said:

I would recommend the rtx series only if you want Ray tracing there is no other need for it. The gtx 1080ti is just fine unless you have the money to spend. If you do have money to spend then a rtx 2080ti would do it. I hope that cyberpunk has Ray tracing 

well the performance is great for the rtx cards. its just their prices suck ass. xD 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ GAMING OC 3X 8G

ryzen 5 2600x at 4.1ghz all core               (cpu)                    |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
hyper 212 black edition cooler                  (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)             |     (Memory)      HyperX Predator RGB 2x8 at 3200

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)           |    (mouse)          Razer deathadder elite

32 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

well the performance is great for the rtx cards. its just their prices suck ass. xD 

Well it's with any new gpu really gtx 1080ti at launch was overpriced too

Same as new phones and really any new hardware they purposely try to make as big of a bank as they can 

I've heard the demo rig they used at E3 to run the game in 4K was using a 1080 Ti? It shouldn't be massively demanding.

If you want to upgrade and can afford it, I'd go for a 2080 Ti. Due to the performance hit with RTX ray-tracing, you'd be more likely to keep your desired fps without dropping settings. Though the 2080 and 2080 Super are damned fast cards too, just not that much faster than your 1080 Ti in gaming. Biggest advantage AFAIK is the RTX stuff and a better NVENC encoder. 

Always try googling your motherboard and looking at the spec sheet and manual - OEMs keep those up for a reason - and maybe you'll learn something 🤔

i7 5820K - NH-L12S - 4.2Ghz/3.4Ghz, 1.2v/1.05v (core/uncore) - 1.9v input voltage - 77C max - EVGA X99 Micro2 - 16GB (4x4GB) EVGA SuperSC DDR4 - ~2667Mhz CL16 - EVGA XC Ultra 1660 Ti - 250GB 960 Evo - 1TB WD Blue - 120GB HyperX Fury SSD - 1TB Seagate Barracuda Pro Compute 2.5" HDD - 2TB Seagate FireCuda 2.5" SSHD - Corsair CX550 (2017) - Fractal Design Meshify C Mini - 2 stock fans front, random corsair fan rear, all 120mm LG 25UM56-P - 25" 2560x1080 at 75Hz

X58 Madlads: X58 Xeon/i7 discussion     X99 bois: X99 Xeon/i7 discussion

Big Rig:

Spoiler

5960X on a Heatkiller IV Pro Acetal
EVGA X99 Classified
32GB (4x8) 3200Mhz CL16 HyperX Predator DDR4
Radeon VII on an EK Acetal block and black EK backplate 
 1TB 970 Evo, 1TB Crucial MX500
Corsair RM1000i

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG, Grey
EK D5 pump/res combo, EK-ZMT tubing, EK stubby barb fittings, 360mm GTS stealth rad, 4x Noctua iPPC NF-F12s, 2x Noctua NF-A15s

Current project-ey plans:

Spoiler

Xeon X5670 or i7 920/950 - Cryorig H5 Universal

EVGA X58 Classified SLI 3-Way
24GB (3x8) HyperX Fury DDR3 in Red - 1600Mhz CL9
2x EVGA Classifed GTX 780 in SLI

120GB ADATA SU800
EVGA 1600W T2
Corsair Air 540

4 minutes ago, Pauleft said:

Well it's with any new gpu really gtx 1080ti at launch was overpriced too

1080ti was a marvel. about 50 bucks more than msrp 980ti while performing over 40% more is not that bad at alll 

also, like i said the performance is gradually increasing. not as big as 1080ti was. but its getting there. only thing they need to do is be less greedy. but im happy to jump nvidias ship if amd can give me a card that gets high end performance and does good raytracing wise too :) 

PC: 

There is no way to know what spec are needed to play the game. But since Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be on consoles keep in mind that they must have a playable version on those since alot of the sales will be generated through those means. As long as your pc is better performing then the current generation of consoles I wouldn't worry too much. It all depends on how much better you want to run the game. They will make the game look "good" on consoles so they can brag about the better graphics so one could assume a 1080ti will do just fine with 2077.  Now can you play at 4k 144hz with max graphics while sitting on discord streaming 1080p to twitch and watching netflix on a 2nd monitor. Maybe not, it all depends on your personal preference on performance and your personal tolerance to fps/graphical settings. If you want to make sure you can do all those things put down the $$$ and get the best of everything once it comes out to have the best possible PC when Cyberpunk comes out.

7 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

I've heard the demo rig they used at E3 to run the game in 4K was using a 1080 Ti? It shouldn't be massively demanding.

OP just posted an article explaining that the E3 demo ran 1080p 30FPS. That makes the game, in that incarnation, 8 times as demanding as if it was running 4K 60FPS. Essentially that turns a 1080 Ti into a 750 (non-Ti).

On 10/17/2019 at 8:56 AM, RADEON_GUY said:

I doubt it will be much more demanding than the Witcher 3. My guess would be a 1070/Vega 56 as the recommended gpu, and something like a gtx 770/R9 280 as the minimum.

I'm also quite certain that the 1080ti should be more than enough for 1440p at 60fps. Not sure about 144fps, though. 

EDIT: I looked at the article you mentioned. Firstly, the article is quite outdated, and the author is probably talking out of his ass.

thanks a lot for your opinion on the article, that's what was most worrying to me.

Bloodshot

Build Log Post

Accessories:

Set Up

• Audio
  • IKEA Desk
    • IKEA 5 Black Olov Legs
    • IKEA White Alex Drawer
1 hour ago, GeorgeDouj88 said:

thanks a lot for your opinion on the article, that's what was most worrying to me.

The rumored recommended specs were based of the system being used to demo the game. I would not worry, the game is not yet finished.

GAMING WITH A 4:3 CRT 

On 10/17/2019 at 7:15 AM, GeorgeDouj88 said:

Hey man, I will be building a new PC, just because of this game and I have found some articels about the new RTX cards from Nvidia, which is supposed to be released latest in the summer of 2020. Therefore, if I would be in your position, I would just either buy in April 2020 2080 Ti from EVGA, because of their step-up programm, or wait entirely for the new line of GPUs in the summer. 

I will certainly buy as my latest component the GPU in April 2020 and apply later for the step-up and buy "3080 Ti" so to say. 

21 hours ago, Yanashydo said:

Hey man, I will be building a new PC, just because of this game and I have found some articels about the new RTX cards from Nvidia, which is supposed to be released latest in the summer of 2020. Therefore, if I would be in your position, I would just either buy in April 2020 2080 Ti from EVGA, because of their step-up programm, or wait entirely for the new line of GPUs in the summer. 

I will certainly buy as my latest component the GPU in April 2020 and apply later for the step-up and buy "3080 Ti" so to say. 

I've already decided that I'm gonna wait, but what's this step up thing you're talking about? Sounds very interesting

Bloodshot

Build Log Post

Accessories:

Set Up

• Audio
  • IKEA Desk
    • IKEA 5 Black Olov Legs
    • IKEA White Alex Drawer