Cloned my HHD to an SSD, and now my pc wont post for me to go into bios.

Sonoran_Gaming

As i stated in the title, just got a new NVME M.2, its a sabren 1tb. It showed up after i installed it with no issues. I then cloned my hdd contents to it which seemed to go fine then, i restarted my PC to go into the bios and change my boot drive but, it wont post for me to be able too, nor will my peripherals do anything. Any ideas on what happened or how to fix?

Definitely not normal behavior but you can start by seeing if removing the drive allows the computer to POST.

If you're upgrading from HDD to NVMe you should really do a fresh install (presuming this is for the OS).

11 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Definitely not normal behavior but you can start by seeing if removing the drive allows the computer to POST.

If you're upgrading from HDD to NVMe you should really do a fresh install (presuming this is for the OS).

Ill try taking it back out. It sucks because its located behind my GPU so i have to uninstall that too

Took it out, still no luck. I have error cost 54 which is "memory initialization failure", and a sign of a corrupted bios. I have tried launching into the backup bios, but no luck. I will try again tomorrow when im not tired.

Also, give clearing the CMOS a try too. And if not, reset your RAM. If that doesn’t work, try reseating your CPU and lowering the tension on the cooler if you have an aftermarket one

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
(ノಠ益ಠ)╯︵ /(.□ . \)

8 hours ago, SSD Sean said:

Also, give clearing the CMOS a try too. And if not, reset your RAM. If that doesn’t work, try reseating your CPU and lowering the tension on the cooler if you have an aftermarket one

I have tried resetting the cmos, moving ram, no other sticks to try, reseated my cpu, still no post. Everything was fine until after my pc was shut down after cloning to boot into bios. 

Trying re-seating your ram  (may have been bumped during install and clear CMOS and start from scratch.  Also remove any unnecessary components until you get it working again just in case it is something unrelated.

EDIT: just your post while I was typing.  definitely try removing unnecessary components.  also try returning the system the way it was when it last worked fine.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

7 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Trying re-seating your ram  (may have been bumped during install and clear CMOS and start from scratch.  Also remove any unnecessary components until you get it working again just in case it is something unrelated.

EDIT: just your post while I was typing.  definitely try removing unnecessary components.  also try returning the system the way it was when it last worked fine.

Ok. I reuninstalled my m.2 because it was fine until the clone. So i will see what happens now. Though i am getting ready to leave so, i will have to continue later. But still didn't have luck with the cmos. Im not getting anything to post. My keyboard isnt even turning on. I will take out everything unnecessary though. 

4 minutes ago, Sonoran_Gaming said:

Ok. I reuninstalled my m.2 because it was fine until the clone. So i will see what happens now. Though i am getting ready to leave so, i will have to continue later. But still didn't have luck with the cmos. Im not getting anything to post. My keyboard isnt even turning on. I will take out everything unnecessary though. 

Silly question, is your PSU O.K and is it plugged in still (try wiggling all the power cables and checking the buttons/jumpers on the f panel connector).

EDIT: also the switch on the back of the PSU, I turn that off when working on the PC but nearly always forget to turn it back on.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

Silly question, is your PSU O.K and is it plugged in still (try wiggling all the power cables and checking the buttons/jumpers on the f panel connector).

EDIT: also the switch on the back of the PSU, I turn that off when working on the PC but nearly always forget to turn it back on.

Psu is fine, brand new. Everything powers on. 

Ok, so i had some time and i removed my ram and else cables. I now get codes 46, 60 and 65. I am trying to see if there is a way to q flash+ my Mobo from a usb. I know its possible on some gigabyte Mobos, but nothing i can see for mine.