Can you PLEASE take my money for the HoloLens 2?

Wearables

Does anyone have any news about HoloLens 2 shipping, what is causing the delays OR any info how to get my hands on one?

The device was revealed in February, announced to be released in May, then that it will ship September and here we are well in to October and I can not find any reports of them shipping the device.

I work for a Germany based software company that develops for the automotive industry, mostly for Germany but also worldwide. We want to get our hands on the device so we can start some projects we have in mind.

I filled out the "preorder request" online form shortly after it was available and received no feedback. After a month and a half of waiting I called them to see whats up and basically redid the "preorder request" but with a customer service person. A couple of weeks after, in May, I did get a call but just to verify the information I gave them but still, no payment information was exchanged at this stage. We were told we will get a call when the device is ready to be shipped.

One funny thing did happened during the phone call though... I asked if they had any information of when it will be shipped (at this time MAY was still the official statement) and the woman said quote:"Probably this year but I cannot give you more detailed information" to which I asked if it can be expected this summer to which she literally chuckled and said "no" laughing slightly.

I am a longtime LTT fan (since around 2012) but posting for the first time.

Cheers!

RWtxyV.jpg

-Moved to General Discussion-

This does not meet Tech News Posting Guidelines

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25