Noctua NH-D15 with Noctua NF-A12x25 120mm fans

kotackchi

I've been following the various reviews and benchmarks on the new Noctua NH-U12A for the past few months.  They all seem to point to it's exceptional performance due to the NF-A12x25 120mm fans.  Yes they have one more heat pipe for a total of 7, but the performance increase from that seems negligible.

So, I'm wondering whether anyone has replaced the NH-D15 fans with two NF-A12x25 120mm fans and ran some tests.

Ideally, if Linus can do a video on that, it would be of high interest for many PC enthusiasts I'm sure.

1 hour ago, kotackchi said:

I've been following the various reviews and benchmarks on the new Noctua NH-U12A for the past few months.  They all seem to point to it's exceptional performance due to the NF-A12x25 120mm fans.  Yes they have one more heat pipe for a total of 7, but the performance increase from that seems negligible.

So, I'm wondering whether anyone has replaced the NH-D15 fans with two NF-A12x25 120mm fans and ran some tests.

Ideally, if Linus can do a video on that, it would be of high interest for many PC enthusiasts I'm sure.

I wouldn't waste money changing the NH-D15 fans out for the NF-A12x25, performance would be negligable

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

I've seen a few reviewers replace the 120mm front fan on the NH-D15 with a NF-A12x25. But all of them left the NF-A15-pwm 140mm fan in the centre. I'm not sure if any benchmarked the difference.

Yeah, it's been done and the stock NF-A15's are better. 

I've seen a few other tests before but here's the example I could currently find: https://pokde.net/review/noctua-nf-a12x25-fan-review-to-be-seen-and-not-heard/

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.